The Natick Housing Authority seeks an executive director for a 37.5 hour per week position that reports to a five-member board. The Executive Director will be responsible for implementing the strategic plan developed in September 2012, in addition to the day to day management of the organization. An overview of the NHA, as well as an independent organizational assessment completed in August 2012 can be found at www.natickha.org.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in a housing, property management, community development, public administration or a closely related field.
- Experience in property management, financial management and maintenance systems in public or private housing is required.
- One year’s supervisory experience of a staff of seven or more is required.
- Experience in the development, implementation and management of a strategic plan is preferable.
- Considerable knowledge of local, state and federal government procedures and regulations as they relate to housing development, construction and the management of local housing authority operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication are required.
- The ideal candidate will value and work closely with all stakeholders, including the Board, representatives from the Town of Natick, the state and federal departments of housing, all tenants, other constituents and funding sources.
- Must be bondable.
- Certification as a PHM from a HUD approved organization desired, and may be substituted by certification as a property manager by a nationally recognized housing or real estate organization, or by certification as a MPHA of a DHCD approved Mass Public Housing Administrator Certification Program.
- A bachelor’s degree may substitute for up to two years of experience.Application Instructions