AmeriCorps Program Manager
AmeriCorps Program Manager
The Position and its Principle Responsibilities
The AmeriCorps Portfolio Manager Position is a full time position, reporting to the Director of AmeriCorps. In support of the Corporation for National and Community Service’s strategic goals, the Manager will have the following broad responsibilities:
Managing the relationships with the YouthBuild affiliates that have AmeriCorps members:
- Provide on-site, phone, and electronic technical assistance to a portfolio of 18-25 local programs related to program design, achievement of goals and objectives, and required reporting. Generally, three day travel required once every two months to conduct program site visits.
- Assist programs with the intentional implementation of AmeriCorps driven service learning and service leadership into the YouthBuild program design to help students understand and identify with National Service.
- Gain familiarity with and become a content expert on Federal Regulations and Provisions to assist local programs with implementing their AmeriCorps program and maintaining compliance.
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations and investigate non-compliance issues.
- Utilize existing technical assistance tools and create reports and updates on portfolio of local YouthBuild programs.
- Create and implement new technical assistance tools, including but not limited to, webinars, conference calls, sample documents, and desktop monitoring.
- Support the YouthBuild AmeriCorps assessment, designed to use data to improve program practice
Collaborating with AmeriCorps team and other staff at YouthBuild USA:
- Ensure that consistent technical assistance is provided to all YouthBuild programs that receive AmeriCorps members and/or operating funds.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of YouthBuild USA AmeriCorps conferences
- Assist in the planning and implementation of other activities that strengthen the AmeriCorps team as assigned.
- Serve as a representative of the team within YouthBuild USA by traveling to YouthBuild programs, multi-site gatherings, conferences, and assisting in the planning and implementation of YouthBuild USA wide activities as requested.
Desired Skills, Characteristics, and Experience
We are looking for a highly intelligent, results-driven team player with superior judgment, clear communication style, programmatic experience, and demonstrated experience in multi-site program implementation.
The ideal Manager will have:
- At least three years of program and/or management experience, preferably in organizations that have a network of programs/affiliates or comparable experience;
- At least a bachelor’s degree; a master’s degree is a plus;
- Experience with AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps VISTA, and/or the Corporation for National and Community Service a plus;
- Having served as a member with AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps VISTA, or similar National Service program also a plus;
- A record of accomplishment working in diverse, entrepreneurial work environments;
- A demonstrated ability to think and act strategically, tactically, and creatively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability and comfort with multiple long-term projects having different foci and deadlines;
- Experience with program assessment, including an understanding of survey development, data interpretation, and the use of data to improve program practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A customer service orientation; and
- Ability to be flexible and a sense of humor.
YouthBuild USA offers competitive salary and benefits, including health coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and disability benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in learning more about YouthBuild USA, please visit our website at www.youthbuild.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Job Search, YouthBuild USA, 58 Day Street, Somerville, MA 02144 or you may apply on-line @ http://www.youthbuild.org/apply. Please apply by April 15, 2014. YouthBuild USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.