Affiliated Network Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Affiliated Network Manager will be the liaison between YouthBuild USA and the National Directors Association (NDA) and its elected representative body, the National Directors Council (NDC). The work will include a range of tasks including but not limited to the following:
- supporting the work of the NDA, NDC and Policy Council (the highest policy making body of the YouthBuild USA Affiliated Network);
- planning and organizing meetings;
- organizing the Annual Conference of the NDA;
- managing membership and collecting dues;
- creating increased energy and engagement for the programs of the Affiliated Network with YouthBuild USA.
Creativity, attention to detail and an ability to work with all kinds of individuals and groups will be necessary.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSBILTITES:
Staff Annual NDA and NDC Meetings
- Partner with Senior Director for Field Services and with President of the NDA to support the committees’ ongoing work and engagement.
- Track committee memberships and tenures, meeting schedules and agendas. Keep Chief Program Officer abreast of meeting conclusions and next steps.
- Work with the NDA and NDC leadership to support any agreed upon initiatives, conduct surveys as needed, schedule meetings, track and manage deliverables, provide follow up and meeting minutes.
Plan and manage the NDA annual meeting
- Work with President, Chief Program Officer, Senior Director for Field Services, Academy staff, program directors at YBUSA and with NDA Planning Committee and NDC leadership to plan, design and manage the annual NDA event.
- Work with Senior Director of Affiliation and Site Start-Up to transition the details and elements of a successful NDA Annual Meeting. Bring vision and attention to detail to the event to keep it innovative, comprehensive, efficient/well run, engaging, supportive of attendees, and on budget.
- Design and organize a New Director’s training at the NDA.
Coordinate the Policy Council meetings including preparation, management, and follow-up tasks:
- Provide administrative support for hosting the Policy Council meetings
- Coordinate meals, travel, and scheduling/calendar management
- Work with the President and Chief Program Officer to set the agenda
- Prepare meeting materials and take meeting minutes; track tasks for completion/deliverables and provide appropriate follow-up.
- Maintain the Policy Council meeting budget.
Manage overall membership duties
- Share the purpose, benefits, and membership requirements of the Affiliated Network with new and potential members.
- Develop marketing materials as needed; distribute membership applications to potential affiliates.
- Create and implement a process by which dues are collected in a timely fashion and affiliates are made aware of their status in the network.
- Ensure that licensing agreements are completed, maintained and in compliance.
Manage direct mailing projects and perform the administrative tasks that are needed to maintain a cohesive, engaged, energetic network.
- Provide routine data entry and manage accurate membership status and information in YouthBuild USA data systems.
- Work with the data team to ensure timely data submissions and assist with corrective action plans if necessary.
Oversee Rudy and Honors awards process
- Respond to the field for nominations and requests.
- Ensure that the definition remains accurate and reflective of program Standards.
- Ensure that appropriate knowledge of awards and honors is shared with the SMT and NDC.
- Market these recognition opportunities to the member programs.
- Respond to calls from member programs as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, human services, communications, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably as a manager, technical assistance provider, or organizer in a membership based or regional/national youth organization;
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to manage competing priorities and address the needs of various stakeholder needs with timeliness, creativity, professionalism and courtesy
- Superior writing, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Experience in planning events/meetings.
- Familiarity with the national nonprofit field, especially in the areas of youth development and/or anti-poverty work.
- Creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness, diligence, persistence, and a sense of humor – all needed to tackle this large and evolving project
If you are interested in learning more about YouthBuild USA, please visit our website at www.youthbuild.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Job Search, YouthBuild USA, 58 Day Street, Somerville, MA 02144 or you may apply on-line @ http://www.youthbuild.org/apply. Please apply by July 30, 2014. YouthBuild USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.