Social Justice Policy Coordinator
Transportation for Massachusetts
Transportation for Massachusetts is seeking an experienced professional to support social justice and community-based organizations that are seeking to improve public transportation, walking, biking and other affordable, clean, and reliable transportation options, and partner with these organizations to create transformative policy change at the local, state, and federal levels.
This is a new position. The Social Justice Policy Coordinator will report to the coalition’s Director.
- Compile information about transportation priorities and initiatives from community-based and social justice organizations throughout the state.
- Develop strong social justice policy positions for the coalition in conjunction with Transportation for Massachusetts’ policy team.
- Develop new relationships with community-based and social justice organizations around the state and strengthen relationships with existing coalition members.
- Identify opportunities for the coalition and its members to support local transportation justice efforts.
- Mobilize community-based and social justice organizations on transportation justice policy opportunities and threats.
- Maintain a contact database of members of social justice and community-based organizations and activists.
- Manage volunteer relationships and grow the coalition’s volunteer base.
- Success in working in racially and economically diverse coalitions, and experience working in communities of color
- Familiarity with social justice organizations in Massachusetts
- Passion for social justice, and a strong understanding of the role of racism and classism in perpetuating transportation and environmental injustice
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals and organizations, including those representing low-income residents and communities of color
- Experience in either election campaigns, issue based campaigns, or community organizing
- Self-motivated, organized, excellent follow-through
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with transportation, climate, and/or public health issues a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Flexible work arrangement possible.
Send resume and cover letter to: Kristina Egan at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: “Job Application – SJPC”. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis as we are trying to fill this position as quickly as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Transportation for Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity among our staff and membership.