Business Development Sales Manager I
East Cambridge Savings Bank
East Cambridge Savings Bank’s Retail Division is actively recruiting for a Full-Time Business Development Sales Manager I.
Under the general direction of the Vice President – Retail & Security Officer, and AVP/Retail Sales Manager, organizes, coordinates and directs the ongoing activities of the assigned Banking Center in accordance with established Bank policies, procedures and strategic goals.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Associate’s degree or its equivalent through specialized coursework and training and 2 years of management experience in a branch banking environment; or a Bachelor’s degree in Management or Business Administration and at least 1 year of management experience in a retail banking environment.
- At least 5 years of sales experience in a retail banking environment, which includes demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and monitor staff on sales efforts.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and problem solving skills required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of retail banking compliance, as well as experience with preparing/maintaining budgets required.
- Able to register as a licensed Mortgage Loan Originator as required under the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Plans, coordinates and directs the daily activities of a banking center with deposits less than $75 million. Ensures the efficient, effective and courteous delivery of customer services by assigned staff. Conducts periodic performance reviews, provides counsel, training, and development as needed. Makes hiring, salary and promotional recommendations.
- Oversees functions of Assistant Sales and Service Managers. Provides guidance as needed for various Banking Center issues.
- Develops Banking Center sales strategic plan including both direct sales and referral activities. Leads sales strategy and planning efforts and creates sales and promotional efforts in order to reach performance goals. Strategizes with team to assess market position and competition opportunities. Monitors plan to ensure completion of goals and objectives.
- Originates mortgage and consumer loans. Underwrites and closes consumer loans. Assists loan applicants with questions and follow up research as needed. Approves and closes loans within established limitations.
- Makes business development calls on both current and prospective small business and retail customers. Compiles necessary data and information for financial analysis. Answers questions and follows up on requests for information as needed. Generates and closes small business loans achieving established goals for the branch.
- Provides training, coaches and counsels staff for maximum performance on sales efforts. Assigns tasks and account responsibilities based upon complexity of accounts and experience level of staff.
- Participates as an active Banking Center team member. Works with other members of the team to meet performance goals, develops strategies and promotional efforts. Maintains a general understanding of all products and services offered in the Banking Center in an effort to effectively present these products and services to customers. Monitors team progress towards attaining goals and objectives.
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures branch compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulatory requirements. Monitors documentation in regards to currency transaction reporting requirements, as well as for checks purchased in excess of $10,000 and between $3,000-$10,000. Ensures that staff complete BSA related training in a timely manner and that all BSA procedures are followed. Reports compliance related issues; identifies and reports potential suspicious activity.
- Utilizes established business banking strategies in order to sell ECSB products and services to prospective clients. Develops solid relationships with members of the business community by networking through community involvement. Represents the Bank through participation in various community activities. Calls on businesses to develop account relationships, grow all lines of business, and promote the Bank’s services within the community.
- Participates in civic activities to promote growth and development in the community and a positive image for the Bank.
- Prepares and maintains Banking Center budget. Reports variances to VP – Retail on a monthly basis.
- Keeps abreast of Bank policies and procedures, products and services. Ensures that Banking Center staff are informed; conducts periodic meetings to provide updated information.
- Implements employee recognition programs for sales efforts.
- Keeps abreast of developments within the banking industry. Complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to the S.A.F.E. Act and its registration, renewal and updating requirements. Attends meetings and seminars as needed.
Contact Human Resources or visit https://www.ecsb.com/Career-Opportunities for more details.
Submit your resume to:
East Cambridge Savings Bank, Attn: Human Resources
344 Cambridge Street Cambridge, MA 02141
East Cambridge Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.