Tufts University Health Service
Please note: This is a full time position (5 days per week) . We will consider qualified part time (3-4 days per week) applicants. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
Tufts University Health Service is a busy medical practice serving the acute and chronic medical needs of the undergraduate and graduate population. Physicians work with NPs and PAs as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the medical needs of students, including disease prevention, health promotion, and the full spectrum of routine primary care.
Physicians provide primary care and episodic care to undergraduate and graduate students in both the appointment and walk in setting. There is a strong emphasis on reproductive health care for patients across the gender continuum. We strive to provide cutting edge care for populations with particular health needs and risks: for example, HIV prevention through PEP and PrEP, and supporting students who are exploring their gender identity. Acute illness and injuries are seen, as well as ongoing follow up of chronic illnesses in this age group (asthma, allergies, migraines, GI conditions, eating disorders, hypertension, etc). Physicians provide consultation to our strong group of advanced practice clinicians. They offer leadership and expertise on Quality Improvement and other committees, and participate in the on call responsibilities. All clinicians are expected to meet the the productivity standards developed by the medical director.
- Clinical visits with students in the Walk In setting, treating acute illness and injuries.
- Clinical visits with students by appointment, including: routine health care visits, sexual health concerns, gender based health care, follow up of acute illness, management of chronic illness, eating disorder evaluations, care for non-urgent problems, and pre-travel visits.
- Administrative work, following up on visits and lab work, participating in regular clinical meetings, participating in quality improvement activities, and other activities as requested by the Medical Director.
- Precepting advanced practice clinicians, consulting on cases being seen by the NP’s and PA’s as needed, participating in regular supervision meetings with the advanced practice clinicians.
- Completion of a three year primary care residency required.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Pediatrics.
- MA medical license.
- Computer literacy required including comfort with email, word processing, mouse use, drop down lists, keyboarding, running different applications concurrently, and switching faciliy between applications.
- Demonstrated sophisticated and fluid use of at least one electronic health record.
- Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The physician will possess experience working with diverse populations such as students of color, LGBTQ? students, and students of different ethnicities and immigration histories.
- Preference will be given to those with specific demonstrated experience in men’s health.
- Strong skills in young adult primary care are required, including common acute illness and injuries, gender based health care, and sexual and reproductive health issues.
- Computer literacy, strong comfort with keyboarding and extensive experience with at least one electronic health record is necessary.
- Working knowledge of a second language is a plus, but not necessary.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This is a 52 week position. We are accepting applicants for both a full time position (5 days per week), and a part time position (3 days per week).
- During the academic year, the work day is generally 9am to 5pm but does include at least one later day per week (eg 10am to 6pm).
- The schedule can change over time based on the needs of the clinic.
- The physicians participate in Saturday and holiday coverage during the academic year (approx 2 Saturdays per semester and 2 holidays per year).
- Hours are are 8:30 to 4:30 weekdays only during school breaks and summer.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2wsrrr8frk