Program and Marketing Coordinator
ESC of New England
ESC is a regional nonprofit corporation (501c3) established in 1982 that seeks to enhance the impact of nonprofit organizations through high quality, affordable consulting services, capacity building, leadership support and programs provided by experienced professionals dedicated to serving the community. It relies on a small staff and more than 150 consultants who are senior-level professionals donating their time and expertise to provide consulting services to address critical issues that non-profits face. Each year, we assist nearly 100 nonprofits with consulting projects designed to reach solutions that create immediate and sustainable impact. We also provide affordable capacity building support through our Encore Fellowship program which matches professionals in mid-career and beyond with nonprofit work hosts. Finally, we offer workshops on over 30 topics to provide professional development to nonprofit leaders and to introduce the benefits of purposeful engagement to audiences seeking encore opportunities. For more information about ESC, please visit our website, http://www.escne.org.
Position Summary: The Program and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Consulting, Encore, and Professional Development programs at ESC. This includes data management, event planning, scheduling, drafting communications, and assisting in workshop content development. In addition, the Programing Coordinator will be in charge of creating collateral marketing materials and implementing ESC’s social media strategy, including creating original content based on client and consultant information.
Professional Development Programs
- Coordinate logistical needs for all sessions including: securing appropriate venues, coordinating presenter schedules, managing invites, ordering refreshments and supplies, assisting with research, preparing and editing materials, and overseeing tech/media needs.
- Assist in developing and executing an annual professional development strategy that reflects the needs of clients, the marketplace and volunteer consultants
- Execute ESC’s online communication strategies through social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), management of ESC’s website, and contributions to other web-based groups and boards
- Assume responsibility for monitoring and updating the ESC website
- Curate a regular internal newsletter to be sent to all consultants.
- Draft content and manage a calendar of e-communications to volunteers, current/potential clients, and other constituencies
- Update and maintain marketing materials and assemble marketing packets as needed
- Collect and analyze metrics from social media and the website.
- Responsible for managing Salesforce for both the Consulting program and the Encore Fellowship program including regularly creating and updating entries.
- Collect and manage all paperwork related to the recruitment and onboarding of all Consultants and Fellows.
- Curate mailing lists
- Coordinate consultant work product
- Oversee distribution and collection of client evaluations
- Assist with office and administrative duties as necessary
- Provide ad hoc tech support to Consultants and Fellows.
- Assist with other tasks as requested (meeting preparation, research, editing, note taking, routine correspondence etc.)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong interest in ESC’s mission and the New England nonprofit sector
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively, and collaboratively in a small office working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively to ensure timely completion of multiple contemporaneous assignments
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, especially the ability to relate to diverse audiences and leverage the talents of highly-skilled volunteers
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn new technologies quickly and proficiency in Salesforce, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Must be highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree is required; 1-2 years of experience preferred, but recent college graduates will be considered.
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates for this position.
To apply: send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.