The BASE to bring 35+ colleges & universities to Roxbury for the U. Dream College Fair
Attending schools will offer on-the-spot admissions, $250,000 in combined scholarships
Roxbury-based nonprofit The BASE invites students and families from Roxbury, Dorchester, and the greater Boston area to attend the third annual U. Dream College Fair, a Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.-Inspired event.
The U. Dream College Fair features a full range of activities that helps Greater Boston youth determine their academic futures. In addition to an impressive list of Guest Speakers, students and their families will participate in the following activities:
- On-site FAFSA registration
- On-site physicals and health screenings
- On-the-spot applications, acceptances, and enrollment
- Scholarship presentation
- Healthy snacks
- One-on-one meetings with more than 11 non-profits with expertise in all aspects of the college enrollment process, financial aid options and exam prep
The 35+ colleges and universities that will be recruiting students will include Boston College, Babson, U MASS Amherst, Assumption, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, College of St. Joseph’s VT, Fisher College, Mass Art, Mass Maritime Academy, Cambridge College, Curry College, Northeastern, and US Coast Guard Academy.
The students will hear inspirational remarks from:
- Charlie Baker, Governor, Commonwealth of MA
- Karyn Polito, Lt. Governor, Commonwealth of MA
- Jim Peyser, Secretary of Education, Commonwealth of MA
- Marty Walsh, Mayor, City of Boston
- Dr. Tommy Chang, Superintendent of Boston Public Schools
The event is scheduled for Saturday, January 16 from 10 a.m. till 2 p.m. at the Melnea Cass Recreation Complex, 120 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Roxbury. The event isfree and open to the public
For more information, The BASE can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-442-7700.
The BASE uses the power and passion of sports to transform the lives of urban youth by providing opportunity, education, training, and encouragement to create a winning game plan for life reach their fullest potential. With a 7,100 square-foot training and studying facility, The BASE continues to achieve its goal of becoming a nationally-recognized and certified training academy, combining sports and academic opportunities to transform the lives of black and Latino boys throughout the country.