Facing History and Ourselves
Facing History and Ourselves, an international non-profit headquartered in Brookline is seeking an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for working with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the organization’s finance function. Primary responsibilities include maintaining the general ledgers, reconciling accounts, preparing reports and supporting the team as needed. Please view our website www.facinghistory.org for more information about us.
- Manage Facing History’s general ledgers, including USA, Canada, and UK.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Reconcile asset and liability accounts on a regular schedule.
- Reconcile revenue accounts monthly.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records.
- Prepare monthly financial reports in GAAP-compliant format and in other formats as assigned.
- Assist other Finance staff and the CFO as needed in areas including budgeting, budget variance analysis, bank relations, and insurance.
- Act as backup to other Finance staff, especially accounts payable and accounts receivable managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field, or equivalent business experience.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience including at least 2 outside of public accounting.
- Nonprofit experience preferred but not required.
- Hands-on experience with a mid-range accounting system.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other tools to analyze and communicate financial data.
Qualified candidate must be:
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, and be comfortable with phone outreach on occasion
- Able to review data reports and make recommendations to others
- Able to work collaboratively and at the same time be able to work independently for long periods of time
- A demonstrated self-starter and problem solver
- Able to work in open spaces without being distracted
- Flexible and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple priorities
- Able to succeed in a fluid and flexible environment
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at facinghistory.org/careers. Job posted until filled.