Staff Clinician – Counseling and Mental Health Service-16001218
Tufts University Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS)
Tufts University Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS) is a part of Tufts Health and Wellness, which also includes Tufts Health Service and Tufts Health Education. The department contributes to the educational mission of Tufts University through a variety of activities devoted to prevention, intervention, and consultation. Serving a diverse student body of approximately 6000 undergraduate and graduate students, CMHS is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment which is inclusive and culturally informed. We are a multicultural team, and each of us is passionate about the work we do. We bring energy and creativity to the provision of brief counseling, psychiatric services, and training. In addition, we are active and visible on campus doing outreach and liaison work, as well as consulting to the Tufts community of students, parents, faculty, and staff regarding students of concern. We also provide crisis intervention and emergency on-call services to the campus community in the event of a mental health crisis.
This position entails the provision of a full range of psychological services to the Tufts University community. The successful candidate will possess specific training and experience working with diverse populations including, but not limited to students of color, LGBTQIA students, as well as students of different ethnicities and immigration histories. This position includes providing clinical services include assessment, individual, couples, and group counseling, and crisis intervention, as well as liaison/outreach activities, and community consultation. The position also includes participation in 24-hour emergency on-call rotations, involving telephone and/or face-to-face after hours evaluations when necessary.
- At least three years clinical experience involving brief therapy with a college student/young adult population.
- Doctorate in Psychology or LICSW required.
- Current LICSW in Massachusetts, or Licensed/license-eligible Massachusetts Psychologist Provider.
- Knowledge of EMR helpful as well as Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong generalist experience working with a variety of issues common in college populations such as eating and body image issues, substance abuse, self-injury, suicidality, depression and mood disorders, trauma, anxiety disorders, stress, affect management, etc.
- Will possess specific training and experience working with diverse populations including, but not limited to students of color, LGBTQIA students, as well as students of different ethnicities and immigration histories.
- Ability to participate in after-hours on-call rotation and other after-hours campus activities.
- We are committed to strengthening and expanding culturally competent clinical and programming expertise in a number of areas, including working with communities of color, transgender issues, autism spectrum disorders, alcohol and other drug issues, and first-generation issues.
- Bilingual candidates are urged to apply.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Counseling Center
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2016, 2:26:39 PM
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/grd3yf9v5w