Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc.
Reports To: Executive Director
Relationships: Directors, Coordinators, Executive Assistant, Facilities Worker, vendors, state and local licensing and regulating agencies
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Operations Manager will play a key role in developing the organization’s capacity to manage its resources by focusing on the infrastructure needed to support the work of the staff. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the day to day functioning of the organization’s resources and systems, which include mechanical and telecommunications technology. The incumbent will develop systems and controls necessary to ensure the safety, security and proper maintenance of the organization’s physical assets. The Operations Manager will also work with the senior management team to promote consistency in operations throughout the organization. This will require the development and implementation of written policies and procedures and training.
- Plan and direct the facility related activities and work with the Executive Director to provide oversight of the maintenance of all Bridge buildings and physical assets.
- Ensure compliance with Insurance, licensing and regulatory agencies.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors who provide services, supplies, and special facilities projects. Obtain competitive bids from contractors.
- Oversee vendors, and manage their work and related budgets.
- Oversee routine maintenance schedules of major appliances and equipment in all locations.
- Provide oversight and compliance with fire inspections and keep log of drills.
- Assess the allocation of existing space, current needs, and assign or reassign as necessary.
- Create and maintain an inventory system for supplies, keys, and equipment.
- Research and manage the storage of supplies and equipment.
- Develop and implement written policies and procedures related to the use and maintenance of property, particularly vehicles and computers (PCs and laptops)
- Develop and maintain a database of equipment and supplies.
- Gather and create reports on monthly Bridge statistics
- Order and distribute supplies
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with Executive Director
- Attend monthly Staff Meetings
- Bi -Weekly Coordinators Meetings
- Participate in developing operating budget for facilities.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the special projects as required
- Represent the organization at meetings as requested by the Executive Director.
- Collect and review incident reports and ensure proper and timely follow-up.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree, Management, or related field, and 3 or more years of experience.
- Have the ability to prioritize multiple projects in dynamic environment
- Have an excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Be well organized and able to maintain excellent relationships with outside constituents
- Be knowledgeable of essential computer software programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
To effectively perform the duties of an Operations Manager, you must be able to stand on your feet on hard surfaces, like concrete or metal. Expect to work in an environment in which you may frequently experience hot and cold temperatures, loud noises and exhaust fumes. Other physical qualifications for an Operations Manager include: • Must be able to operate equipment such as, air conditioner service machine, radiator service machine, hand tools and basic office equipment • Must be able to lift and move work-related items up to 50 pounds • Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands • Have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive vehicles
Competitive salary based on experience
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Please email cover letter and resume to: HR@bridgeotw.org