Inclusionary Housing Specialist
City of Somerville
The employee is responsible for assisting in the work of the City’s Inclusionary Housing program and other tasks as needed to support the work of the City’s Housing division.
- Determining and certifying income eligibility of applicants;
- Reviewing applications for completeness, to ensure all necessary documentation is provided for Inclusionary and/or other housing programs;
- Responding to applicant inquiries for Inclusionary housing;
- Calculating affordable housing resale prices;
- Preparing and reviewing reports on program activities, as needed;
- Performing research and assisting in development of related Inclusionary recommendations procedures and policies as needed;
- Preparing cash deposits, requisitions and invoices for payment through the City’s Munis System in support of Inclusionary Program as necessary;
- Assistance with Information Sessions and other related marketing activities;
- Identifying and assisting in resolving instances of non-compliance;
- Assisting with updating Inclusionary housing and other information and manuals on an ongoing basis, including guidance on the Housing Division’s website;
- Work involves occasional attendance at night meetings as needed.
- Maintain project files.
College Degree and five (5) years experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Extensive knowledge of housing issues.
Ability to meet and deal with the public effectively and appropriately; ability to handle problems and emergencies effectively; ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing; ability to operate a computer; ability to maintain confidential information; ability to maintain, manage, and organize records; ability to work independently and set priorities.
Excellent organizational skills; excellent data processing skills in the use of personal computers and office software including word processing, data base management, internet and spreadsheet applications.
Salary: $51,500-$53,056 per year; paid weekly at $990.38-$1,020.31; salary commensurate with experience, education and qualifications; plus benefits.
If a degree or certification is required for this position, you are encouraged to submit with your resume either a copy of your degree or certification OR official/unofficial transcripts which verify the date and degree obtained. However, proof of this education requirement must be submitted prior to appointment.
Send your resume and cover letter by Friday, August 26, 2016 to:
City Hall Personnel Office
93 Highland Avenue
Somerville MA 02143
City of Somerville residents are especially encouraged to apply.
The City of Somerville is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Auxiliary aids and services, written materials in alternative formats, and reasonable modifications in policies and procedures will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities free of charge, upon request.