One-Stop Open Enrollment at Roxbury Community College starts on August 22
Special Advertorial Section
Are you ready to pursue a new career? Are you hoping to secure that promotion you’ve been longing for? Maybe you’d just like to learn a new skill. Or, perhaps you’re hoping to further your knowledge in an area that you’re passionate about. If any of this rings familiar to you, Roxbury Community College (RCC) is your next stop!
RCC’s One-Stop Open Enrollment Center (in Building 4 on the 2nd floor) is running from August 22, 2016 – September 9, 2016. You can stop by to apply, register, speak with financial aid representatives, speak with an academic advisor, and more.
Here are the top five reasons to stop by our One-Stop Open Enrollment Center, to start earning your degree at RCC:
- Affordability: You won’t break the bank. We’re an affordable option, offering some of the most inexpensive degree programs in Massachusetts. Over 70% of our students qualify for Pell Grants; and, those who don’t can apply for scholarships and other federal aid. You’ll get a great return on your investment.
- Quality instruction: You’ll receive quality instruction from quality professors, resulting in numerous transfer options and the ability to achieve success at four-year schools. Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty will challenge you and equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for long-term success.
- Small class sizes: You’re more than just a number at RCC, you’re part of a tight-knit community. Our small class sizes (faculty to student ratio is 14:1) allow you to have one-on-one support, inside and outside of the classroom.
- Convenient location: Located at the intersection of Columbus Ave and Malcolm X Blvd, RCC is less than 10 minutes from downtown Boston, directly adjacent to the Longwood Medical Area, 5 minutes from Fenway, and steps from Mission Hill. There’s no better location in Boston to study and explore.
- A lively campus: There’s always something to do. Between student activities, athletics, events at The Reggie, plays and art shows at the Media Arts Center, community programs, and career development events, you’ll never be bored here.
Ready to get started? Stop by our One-Stop Open Enrollment Center beginning August 22nd, or contact our Enrollment Office at 617-541-5320 or email@example.com to get started today!
Looking for a short-term program that leads to a new career, or helps you move forward in your current position? Then our Office of Corporate and Community Education and Lifelong Learning has a program for you!
We’re currently accepting applications for the following programs, which start in September 2016.
Corporate & Community Education programs
Home inspection: Considering a career as a home inspector? Register now to better understand the state requirements for licensure.
- Starts September 6, 2016
- Cost: $1,800
Veterinarian assistant: Have a passion for animals? Venture into this exciting new career.
- Starts Sept 27, 2016
- Cost: $2,000
Pharmacy technician: In partnership with CVS Health, prepare for the PTCB National Exam while receiving industry recognized training. You’ll benefit from our top quality instruction and our new, state-of-the-art CVS Pharmacy Training Center. Qualified students who complete the program are eligible for both internships and full-time employment opportunities at CVS pharmacies.
- Starts Sept 12, 2016
- Cost: $1,950
To learn more or register, visit http://www.rcc.mass.edu/cce or call 617-933-7423.
Lifelong learning programs
Entrepreneurship: Gain the tools to transform an idea into a sustainable business. This seminar is offered in partnership with the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice.
- Starts Sept 12, 2016
- Cost: $100
Grant writing: Step into the lucrative world of grant writing and get a handle on grant writing fundamentals and the lingo. You’ll have the opportunity to work hands-on with a grant relevant to your professional or personal interests.
- Starts Sept 20, 2016
- Cost: $300
To learn more or register, visit http://www.rcc.mass.edu/ll or call 617-933-7410.
In addition to our stellar academic programming, there’s always something happening at RCC for the benefit of our community. To learn more about upcoming events at RCC, visit www.rcc.mass.edu and explore our events calendar.