Office Manager/Bookkeeper (PT or FT)
ESC of New England
ESC of New England (ESC) helps nonprofit organizations and government succeed in making the world a better place. Since its inception 34 years ago, experienced professional ESC consultants and fellows have assisted more than 1,000 nonprofits with the creation and implementation of successful strategies for immediate and long-term sustainability and enhanced impact. A nonprofit itself, ESC has a small staff managing the work of over 150 consultants and fellows annually. The office is conveniently located in downtown Boston near South Station.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper plays a key role with responsibilities in the areas of bookkeeping, fundraising, communications, event and meeting logistics, and general organization and office administration. A flexible part-time schedule is available to qualified candidates.
Accounting, Management and Administration
- Coordinate HR and Benefits and record payroll information
- Track and manage payables and receipts using Peachtree Accounting software
- Track and maintain Federal and State certificates and filings
- Oversee Business/Vendor Relationships
- Contribute to monthly key indicator reports and reconcile with accountant
- Reception—telephone, greeting visitors, etc.
- Maintain and order office supplies
Meeting and Event Coordination
- Manage logistics for external professional development workshops
- Board of Directors—Work with Executive Director to prepare quarterly board packets
- Coordinate scheduling, refreshments and other preparation as needed for meetings of the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, committees of the board, and special task forces
Fundraising and Development
- Maintain fundraising records, track donations
- Prepare and track acknowledgements
- Prepare monthly fundraising updates
- Maintain calendar of grants and funder records
- Prepare and process semi-annual appeals
Other Duties as Required
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Strong interest in ESC’s mission and the New England nonprofit sector.
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively, and collaboratively in a small office environment.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively to ensure timely completion of multiple contemporaneous assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, especially the ability to relate to diverse audiences and leverage the talents of highly-skilled volunteers.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and proficiency in Salesforce, MS Office, Peachtree, and social networking sites.
- Must be highly organized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Successful bookkeeping and accounting experience.
- Proud office management experience.
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates for this position.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.