Assistant Instructional Librarian
The Pike School
The Pike School in Andover, Massachusetts, is seeking a part-time Assistant Instructional Librarian to join a vibrant Library Department, serving students in grades PreK – 9, faculty, and families. This position begins January 2017.
- Preparing and teaching classes ranging from PreK – 5th grade;
- Staffing the circulation desk;
- Maintaining circulation, and materials records using Alexandria library software;
- Assisting students and faculty with ready reference, online resources, and literature recommendations;
- Creating promotional displays and materials such asthematic reading lists.
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be committed to multiculturalism and to the role of school libraries in education and will have the following qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively with elementary/middle school students and faculty;
- Competence with Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Education; and library management software;
- Familiarity with using iPads and Chromebooks in an educational setting;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a school library, including collection management and instructional experience;
- Flexibility in hours/days available
- Some graduate-level coursework in library science, library media studies, or children’s literature.
This academic year position is approximately 16 hours per week, ideal for part-time professionals or graduate students.
For more information and instructions on how to apply, go to www.pikeschool.org/employment.