Fenway CDC works to preserve the Fenway as a vibrant and diverse neighborhood by developing affordable housing, providing programs that enrich lives, and strengthening community voices.
The organization is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit. We have three program departments: Housing, Community Organizing & Planning, and Community Programs. Our volunteer board and 15+ staff members work collaboratively to serve the neighborhood’s low and moderate income residents. Learn more about us at www.fenwaycdc.org .
The Accountant will be capable of learning our systems quickly, be organized, have a strong attention to detail, and good teamwork skills. Position requires in office presence with some remote work possible.
- Review check requests and invoices, enter for payment in accounting system, and run checks.
- Follow-up with staff and vendors as required to ensure all cash disbursements have proper back-up and authorization.
- Prepare deposit slips and make deposits at bank.
- Review supporting documentation and record cash receipts in accounting system.
- Complete monthly reconciliations to support balances reported in the financial statements.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for all cash accounts.
Other accounting duties
- Provide support compiling documentation for:
– grant/contract proposals and reporting
– annual audit and tax filings
– annual budgeting
- Maintain accounting files. Assist in maintenance of accounting archives.
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned. Share ideas for improvement of processes.
- Provide general support at several Fenway CDC evening events per year attended by all staff.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings, on-going professional development trainings and learning.
- 2+ years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience or equivalent college level accounting education
- High school diploma/GED required
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Sage 50 accounting software or other similar system
- Experience with charitable organizations is preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
Salary and Benefits: Salary range will be commensurate with experience within a range of $55,000 to $60,000. Fenway CDC has a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, 401k matching, paid sick, vacation, and holiday leave. This is a full-time (40hr/wk), non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration.
To Apply: Please email resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes and cover letters will be reviewed, and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. Resume evaluation begins May 18.
Fenway CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.