Apprenticeship as an Operating Engineer
HOISTING and PORTABLE ENGINEERS Local 4
ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER
Michael J. Carey, Coordinator
— NOTICE FOR PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION —
TO: INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN APPRENTICESHIP AS AN OPERATING ENGINEER
FROM: THE ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER
DATE: OCTOBER 2021
SUBJECT: 2021-2022 APPLICATION PERIOD
Each year at this time we notify appropriate agencies and interested parties regarding our application period.
Applications are done by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
How to schedule an appointment
Email email@example.com to be scheduled. You must provide your drivers license to verify you live in our jurisdiction (check your jurisdiction on our website www.local4training.org). You must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Once your request is received you will receive a confirmation email with your date and time. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT, DRIVERS LICENSE, AND VACCINATION CARD. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Requirements to apply
1. Be 18 years of age or older;
2. Capable of performing the work of the trade;
3. Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
4. Reside within the jurisdiction of Local 4; (eastern Massachusetts; 5 easterly counties of New Hampshire, state of Maine) (refer to the list). Please refer to our website www.local4training.org
5. Be a citizen or otherwise meet the requirements of the immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986;
6. Have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license in your possession;
7. Have a Social Security card in your possession;
8. Have an appointment scheduled through our office;
9. Have proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Applications will only be given to the person applying to the Program that has an appointment, shows a valid driver’s license, social security card, and vaccination card. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Applications will NOT BE MAILED. The applicant must have an appointment. Once you are scheduled you will apply in person with the proper identification or will be sent home. Allow enough time to stay for a presentation prior to the application being given to you. Applications will not leave the building — no exceptions.
Hoisting & Portable Engineers, Local 4, Apprenticeship & Training Fund will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Hoisting & Portable Engineers, Local 4, Apprenticeship & Training Fund will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30.