Classroom Substitutes at Milton Montessori School
THACHER MONTESSORI SCHOOL CLASSROOM SUBSTITUTES
Thacher Montessori School (Milton, MA) is seeking classroom assistant substitutes in all our classrooms, for the 2022-23 school year.
The preferred assistant candidate will have:
· Experience working with children
· A warm and caring personality
· Respect for Diversity
· A cooperative team approach
The assistant shall focus on the following tasks in the classroom:
· Planning and supervising activities for the children such as arts and crafts, quiet activities, and recess.
· Help children with tasks in the aftercare rooms
· Help redirect/focus children, including conflict resolution
· Maintain cleanliness of shelves, puzzles, board games, and overall classroom
Thacher staff members possess the following qualities:
· Flexibility in addressing children’s needs
· Excellent observation skills
· A sense of humility with peers
· Direct, respectful communication
· Embrace Thacher core values in everyday life
· Respect JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion) principles
· The ability to listen and be present
· Sense of Humor
Located within a half-mile of Boston city limits, the school enjoys a rich cultural and geographic diversity in a natural setting, lying between a 7,000-acre nature preserve and The Wakefield Estate, a 23-acre arboretum with livestock and specimen gardens. Each of our 9 classrooms in a 1989 building designed for Montessori schooling is led by a Montessori trained guide, assisted by a second faculty member and, at the elementary and adolescent levels, specialists. The school is recognized at the 0-3 and 3-6 levels by AMI. With a strong foundation built over the last 50 years, the school is poised to carry out its missions as a fully realized and still developing Montessori community.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Vicky Varnum, Business Manager at email@example.com