Clinical Psychologist PhD
Transforming Lives Together
Schedule: 20 hours per week; Monday – Friday during clinic hours
Salary: $52,695 / year (licensed), $57,964.50 / year (3 years post license)
Sign-on bonus: $4000; $1333 upon completion of 30 days, $1333 upon completion of 6 months, $1334 upon completion of 12 months
Vinfen, in conjunction with the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health (DMH) and the Massachusetts Mental Health Center (MMHC), a state operated mental health clinic, is seeking a Part-time licensed psychologist.
Responsibilities include performing cognitive, psychological, and psychosocial needs assessments, individual psychotherapy, and group treatment. The majority of individuals served have a serious and persistent mental illness and most predominant are psychotic, mood, and substance use disorders; trauma and attachment-related difficulties are also commonly treated.
Candidates who possess substantial knowledge and experience conducting cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and psychosocial rehabilitation with this population, as well as those who have experience treating young adults and families in complex systems of care including DCF will be strongly preferred. This psychology position would be part of a well-established multi-disciplinary team, administratively embedded in the Massachusetts DMH.
The MMHC is affiliated with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department of Psychiatry. This position will provide opportunities for teaching and supervision along with appointment as Instructor or Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School. Opportunities to provide supervision of psychology interns within our APA-accredited pre-doctoral psychology internship are available.
- Doctorate degree in psychology and licensed in the state of service for providing direct care. Three to five years of clinical experience.
- Licensed as a psychologist in Massachusetts preferred but not required.
- Experience and interest in treating individuals from underserved/underrepresented groups including those whom are homeless and forensically involved
- Knowledge and experience with adults who are dully diagnosed.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference and multi-state background and professional licensure check.
We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees working 30 hours or more
- 15 days of Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, 10 Sick Days and 3 Personal Days per year (for employees scheduled for 20 hours or more)
- Education Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs as well as innovative Student Loan Payment Programs.
- Employment with Vinfen counts toward your Public Student Loan Forgiveness eligibility
- Professional Development programs including year-round online training courses and opportunities to earn CEUs
- Retirement savings programs, including a fully funded, employer sponsored retirement plan and an employee funded 403 (b) plan
- Company paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- $500 — $1,000+ Employee Referral Bonuses with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted memberships, access to wellness programs and more.
Founded in 1977, for 0ver 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with over 3,000 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: psychologist, PhD, PsyD, behavioral health, community mental health, psychiatric rehabilitation, social services, , outpatient, counseling, young adult, transitional aged youth, academic appointment, social justice, psychology, forensic, mental illness, mental health, homeless, disability, disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, clinical, human services, non profit, trauma, advocacy, recovery, psychosis, schizophrenia, assessment,