Clinical Psychologist PhD
Transforming Lives Together
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
Salary: $105,390 / year (licensed), $115,929 / year (3 years post license)
Sign on Bonus: $4000; $1333 upon completion of 30 days, $1333 upon completion of 6 months, $1334 upon completion of 12 months
Vinfen, in conjunction with the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health (DMH) and the Massachusetts Mental Health Center (MMHC), a state operated mental health clinic, is seeking a licensed psychologist to join Emerging Young Adult Services at their vibrant young adult community clinic. The psychologist would provide services to a culturally and economically diverse population of individuals ages 18-26.
Responsibilities include performing cognitive, psychological, and psychosocial needs assessments, individual psychotherapy, and group treatment. The majority of individuals served have a serious and persistent mental illness and most predominant are psychotic, mood, and substance use disorders; trauma and attachment-related difficulties are also commonly treated.
Candidates who possess substantial knowledge and experience conducting cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and psychosocial rehabilitation with this population, as well as those who have experience treating young adults and families in complex systems of care including DCF will be strongly preferred.
This psychology position would be part of a well-established multi-disciplinary team, administratively embedded in the Massachusetts DMH. The MMHC is affiliated with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department of Psychiatry. This position will provide opportunities for teaching and supervision along with appointment as Instructor or Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School. Opportunities to provide supervision of psychology interns within our APA-accredited pre-doctoral psychology internship are available.
- Doctorate degree in psychology and licensed in the state of service for providing direct care. Three to five years of clinical experience.
- Licensed as a psychologist in Massachusetts preferred but not required.
- Experience conducting cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and psychosocial rehabilitation with Young Adults or adults with severe and persistent mental illness in community settings.
- Knowledge and experience with adults who are dully diagnosed.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference and multi-state background and professional licensure check.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Vinfen is a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental, and behavioral disabilities at more than 300 sites with 2,700 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Vinfen serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or are bilingual are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org. Recruiters, please no calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: psychologist, PhD, behavioral health, community mental health, psychiatric rehabilitation, social services, social worker, counseling, social work, psychology, mental illness, mental health, disability, disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, human services , non profit, trauma, advocacy, recovery