Community Engagement Coordinator
Homeowner’s Rehab, Inc. (HRI) is a private non-profit organization founded in 1972. To date, HRI has developed more than 1,500 units of housing, owns more than 1,330 apartments, and 55,000 square feet of commercial space in Cambridge.
About Residents Services
Since 2005 HRI has operated a Resident Services Program tailored to the needs and interests of residents, with the goal to improve residents’ quality of life and access to opportunities. Resident input plays a large role in determining the scope of our programs. We focus on identifying and addressing residents’ diverse needs and providing appropriate support.
The Community Engagement Coordinator works as part of the HRI Resident Services team to support HRI’s strategic goals for improving resident well-being: Stable housing, Health and Wellness, Economic Resiliency, and Youth Development. The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for building strong relationships with residents, carrying out key activities and programs at assigned developments, and assisting residents to connect with appropriate community-based programs to improve the quality of their lives.
- Coordinate resources for residents that address key community needs: housing stability, health and wellness, economic resiliency, and youth development;
- Build strong connections with residents throughout assigned properties;
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service providers;
- Coordinate events and programs targeting community needs in conjunction with the HRI Dir. of Community Engagement and the HRI Director of Resident Services
- Collect and maintain accurate data and case notes regarding resident contact, needs, services, etc;
- Provide referrals, homelessness prevention resources and health/wellness programs, screening households for program eligibility, and meeting with heads of household directly to complete paperwork and determine an appropriate course of action:
- Provide information and referral services around immediate client concerns and/or barriers to housing, including but not limited to financial instability, un- or under-employment, health care, and housekeeping
- Assist residents with move-in transition supports including but not limited to; furniture and furnishings assistance, budget support, and other resources and services as needed;
- Publish monthly newsletter and coordinate all messaging from HRI to the site and its residents
- Collaborate with all property management site staff to address resident needs
- Established understanding of state systems (elder services, DMH, etc) and programs for populations including low-income residents, mental health, elder care, etc strongly preferred
- 2-5 years in housing, case management, elder services, human services or a degree in social work, public health, or a related field
- Experience working with elders is required
- Bi-lingual (Amharic, Haitian-Creole, Mandarin) candidate preferred
Team Engagement and Supervision
- Weekly/bi-weekly supervision is provided by HRI’s Director of Resident Services
- Additional field support is provided by HRI’s Director of Resident Engagement
- Monthly team meetings and collaboration with the full resident services team
Compensation: HRI offers competitive salary and excellent benefits
Homeowner’s Rehab Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to