Community Engagement Specialist
Are you outgoing, mission-driven, and looking to gain experience as a community organizer? Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts has the employment opportunity for you! In this full-time, entry-level, remote* Community Engagement Specialist role, you are responsible for building community and advancing awareness of Girl Scouts to recruit new families to Girl Scouts.
Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement, the Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for developing and executing outreach/recruitment strategies in greater Boston, including all of Suffolk County, and parts of Middlesex County—communities where barriers to participation exist.
The Community Engagement Specialist is self-motivated, and has a results-driven, sales-oriented approach to execute effective lead generation, lead nurturing, and recruitment strategies. This position is responsible for increasing participation and accessibility in Girl Scouts for the above-mentioned communities with the goal of recruiting and organizing new volunteer-led and/or staff-led Girl Scout troops. Training is provided, and familiarity with communities in Boston and noted counties is preferred.
*After COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, the Community Engagement Specialist will also travel within communities served and at designated GSEMA offices and properties as needed.
Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Work experience in membership sales, community organizing, sales, or other relevant/transferable experience.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages, and accept the Girl Scout commitment to work with all without regard to race, ethnicity/culture, religion, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or differing abilities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software; adept at utilizing social networking; experience using Salesforce or demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient with new technology.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to develop community collaborations; able to relate well to both adults and children.
- Bilingual skill is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Capacity to, independently and as part of a team, plan, organize and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to perform the duties of the job. Travel 60% within your region and 10% outside the region.
- Requires transporting supplies to a variety of partners; ability to lift and manipulate up to 15 pounds
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, and be willing to travel throughout the council footprint.
Work Environment: This is a remote position with work from home, in communities served, and at designated GSEMA offices or properties as needed.
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 15 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May involve prolonged periods of sitting or working on a computer.
Travel Required: Travel 60% within a designated region and 10% outside the region.
The review the full job description, visit the attached document.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Can’t wait to join our team? To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by visiting:
We’re Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA). For over 100 years, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to lead, break barriers, and create positive change. Girl Scouts’ powerful all-girl space fosters collaboration over competition, and inspires girls to go beyond dreaming to actual doing. We offer amazing opportunities for forward-thinking, talented individuals who share our vision of helping girls and young women change the world for the better. Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls’ lives! To learn more about our Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, visit www.gsema.org.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. At Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, we strive to create transformative learning experiences and leadership opportunities for all girls. The threads of diversity and inclusion are woven tightly into our mission of supporting and nurturing girls of courage, confidence, and character.
We hold firm in our belief that a culture of diversity and inclusion promotes unity, creates personal and professional growth opportunities for our employees, and supports safety and transformation for our volunteers and girls of all backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion is more than an initiative; it’s a set of shared values that defines the fabric of our mission.