Community Services Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Community Programs, the Community Services Coordinator (CSC) will ensure that low and moderate-income residents have access to programs and services that empower them to overcome barriers. The Community Services Coordinator will also contribute to the improvement of social and racial justice by ensuring that Fenway CDC’s overall service delivery process is equitable and inclusive. This position is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Director of Community Programs.
Healthy Neighborhoods Initiative (HNI) (35%)
- Work closely with the Director of Community Programs and Marketing & Development Director for branding activities and grant reporting
- Coordinate monthly meetings, prepare minutes, and participate in grant review sessions
- Collaborate with Metro Housing Boston to implement financial coaching services at Fenway CDC and prepare program reports (# served, types of services provided, outcomes, etc.)
- Ensure provision of referral services to residents based on individual needs assessments
- Prepare and submit monthly HNI reports to Director of Community Programs for evaluation purposes to ensure grant compliance
Special Events and Volunteer Management (35%)
The coordinator will also plan and organize community events, as well as the Fenway Porchfest music festival in collaboration with Fenway Alliance and Fenway Civic Association to enrich the lives of residents.
- Recruit and train community leaders and volunteers to ensure smooth running of events
- Coordinate with organizers to ensure performers are recruited and manage location logistics
- Participate in planning meetings, provide administrative support, and create marketing materials for distribution to the public
- Facilitate diverse programming opportunities at Newcastle Saranac Community Studio
Manage Food Access Programs (10%)
- Recruit and manage volunteers to ensure Fair Foods sites are running effectively
- Ensure volunteers and staff distribute bags of produce to residents in need
- Promote food access programs to ensure diversity and inclusion and collect data for program and grant reporting purposes
General Meetings and Follow Up (20%)
- Attend Fenway CDC and other community meetings when required
- Prompt thoughtful communication to follow up with community residents and stakeholders
- Actively engage with residents of the neighborhood to understand needs and support relevant programming
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Fenway CDC does not expect any one candidate to meet all the criteria below, but rather hope you will apply if the role and responsibilities excite you.
Required Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Degree in social work, public health, or a related field or equivalent work experience providing services in a Housing/Multi-Family housing environment, or a private, non-profit social service organization serving youth and families
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred; language skills in Mandarin, Russian, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and/or Amharic are also encouraged to apply
- Knowledge and experience in affordable housing; experience working with elders is a plus
- Established understanding of city and state programs for low-income residents, disabled, elderly, etc.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
- Must be able to handle and protect the privacy of highly sensitive, confidential information
- Proactively anticipates, manages, and constructively resolves conflicts and disagreements; engages in trauma-informed communication practices; identifies ways conflict can lead to positive change
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with colleagues and residents/tenants –meeting people where they are
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, treats others ethically and fairly, and displays integrity and honesty
- Possesses ability to self-direct, strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence in work product while handling multiple projects at one time
- Experience working with at-risk and underserved communities
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range will be commensurate with experience within a range of $50,000 to $55,000. Fenway CDC has a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, 401k matching, paid sick, vacation, and holiday leave.
Please email resume and cover letter speaking to your interest and skills for this position to email@example.com. Applications are encouraged by January 16th, 2023 and will be reviewed and evaluated beginning on that date. Interviews will subsequently be scheduled on a rolling basis. We anticipate at least 3 rounds of interviews for the successful candidate.
Fenway CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.