Deputy Executive Director
CAAS envisions a community where all residents are able to achieve economic independence, mobility, and success. Our mission is to help local families and individuals achieve financial security while working to eliminate the root causes of economic injustice.
The Deputy ED partners with the Executive Director (ED) to provide leadership in strategic planning and in implementing agency and program strategies and priorities. Flexibility is key; the imperatives of the role will frequently shift to meet the needs of an evolving organization.
The Deputy ED is a member of the Management Team and contributes to decisions related to agency-wide policy and procedure.
● Manage the organization in the absence of the ED.
● In partnership with the ED, lead ongoing and inclusive learning, evaluation and strategic planning efforts, including the triennial Community Assessment Report & Strategic Plan (CARSP), with the overall goal of maximizing the impact of CAAS’ work over time.
● Participate in contract and grant negotiations with Federal, state and local grantors as needed.
● Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, contractual and grant obligations, including with Head Start and Community Services Block Grant reporting and planning requirements.
● Oversee smooth operation of office systems, including all equipment and information technology (e.g. G Suite), and ensure an office environment that is optimized to meet the needs of staff and program participants.
● Oversee data systems that are optimized to support workflow, documentation, reporting and evaluation.
● Support program teams to ensure that learning and evaluation results are considered and integrated into ongoing efforts as well as future strategy and program planning.
● Monitor trends in public policy, funding, and demographics related to issues that affect the agency and its constituents.
● Research federal, state, and local sources of funding and assess match to program and agency needs and capacity.
● Along with Human Resources Manager and other Management Team members, ensure that staff receive timely and appropriate training and development.
● Participate in Management Team meetings and decisions as appropriate, prepare and deliver reports to the ED and the Board of Directors.
● Other related duties as assigned by the ED.
● At least 5 distinguished years in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agency
● Track record delivering superior results and assuming leadership roles
● Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
● Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and with collegiality
● Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
● Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas, seeking feedback and suggestions from peers to deliver high quality results
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
● Passionate about CAAS’ mission and impact
● Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
● Ability to multi-task and manage autonomously; remain focused in the face of pressure, deliver against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
● Reports to the ED
● Supervises Data Manager, Office Coordinator, Building Supervisor, and IT Consultant
● Works collaboratively with Management Team members
Please note that CAAS requires full COVID vaccination for all employees as of 7/1/2021.
Interested candidates should send cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com