Digital Communications Manager
This position will lead YouthBuild USA’s digital communications initiatives, including day-to-day content creation for the organization’s website, social media channels, email campaigns, intranet and other digital platforms. The successful candidate will require a strong knowledge of digital marketing principles, analytics, design proficiencies and innovative best practices. This individual must be a dynamic storyteller and creative writer with a strong passion for creating inspiring content.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Communications and working closely with the Senior Director of Communications, this position will collaborate with various departments—including Development, Advocacy, Program and Alumni Services—as well as partners, funders and nearly 300 YouthBuild programs to enhance YouthBuild’s visibility and advance its mission.
The Digital Communications Manager will join the Communications Team during an exciting time, as the organization recently launched new global branding and an all-new website for the entire YouthBuild movement.
- Manage and execute digital communications campaigns that are consistent with the Communications Team’s overarching marketing strategies.
- Develop website content by using a CMS platform (WordPress) and manage day-to-day operations to ensure website is fresh and relevant.
- Map out and execute a comprehensive social media marketing plan to engage current followers and expand audiences across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat and YouTube).
- Manage reporting and analytics for website, social channels, and email communications, while tracking and evaluating the overall performance of each platform to develop more effective campaigns.
- Monitor and respond to trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Design and create powerful and engaging social media content with on-brand imagery and videos.
- Manage the planning and execution of photography, video and multimedia content; develop a library of high-quality photos, videos and other digital assets that focus on YouthBuild’s stories of transformation.
- Oversee the production and creation of internal and external newsletters.
- Update and manage an editorial content calendar.
- Develop social media guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Establish Subject Matter Experts and a cohesive process for gathering and filtering social media content.
- Identify and leverage internal brand ambassadors to amplify YouthBuild’s work on social media.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Creative thinker with excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for introducing new ideas.
- Strong communication and project management skills across multiple stakeholders; highly organized, system-minded and process-oriented.
- Savvy with social media; extensive experience building and maintaining a robust follower base across all social platforms.
- Proficiency in Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience in photography and video production is a plus.
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM database preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have a passion for our mission and a good sense of humor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.