Director of Individual Giving and Major Gifts
The Director of Major Donor and Individual Giving works closely with Tenacity’s Founder & CEO, members of the Development Department, Advancement Committee, and Board to pursue and secure major gifts via Tenacity’s Annual Fund, the Tenacity Cup and other events as well as the Future Fund campaign. The Director of Major Gifts and Individual Giving will play a key role in raising funds to meet Tenacity’s $4M annual budget. They will focus on customized relationship building with both existing and new donors to further Tenacity’s strategic framework and achieve desired revenue goals. The Director of Major Donor and Individual Giving executes and manages cultivation and stewardship strategies in support of fundraising campaigns, gifts planning, major gift procurement, donor relations, fundraising events, and annual giving among other strategies and outreach.
The ideal candidate will have a background in successful major gift abd individual giving fundraising and donor relationship development and stewardship and/or a successful track record in sales in a for profit or other organization. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a broad base of active connections to and relationships within the Greater Boston area racquets community and will have knowledge and passion for tennis and other racquet sports.
He/she will be a seasoned, driven, proactive, innovative, and dynamic professional, with extensive sales and/or fundraising experience and an authentic commitment to Tenacity’s mission of empowering under-resourced youth to achieve post-secondary success.
- Advance the success of Tenacity’s fundraising program through robust and pro-active customized portfolio management.
- Develop a working knowledge of Tenacity’s mission and funding priorities to articulate a compelling case for support to current donors and prospects.
- Set clear goals for cultivation strategies for prospects and execute such plans that result in appropriate and progressive asks for Tenacity’s fundraising priorities.
- Manage the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of an expansive portfolio of approximately 100+ prospects with 8-10+ face to face visits per month supported by written and verbal communication and direct mail.
- Focus on building long-term and fruitful relationships with top donors and the racquets community at large.
- Provide leadership and facilitate relationships between major donor prospects and the Founder & CEO, Board of Directors, Advancement Committee and other key volunteer leaders.
- Identify and qualify additional prospects by working independently and with colleagues; actively participate in prospect management meetings.
- Be entrepreneurial minded and contribute to the growth of the individual giving program, continually striving to improve and extend relationships with donors and prospects in ways that have a quantifiable impact on philanthropic revenue.
- Play an active role in planning and implementing marketing efforts and special events related to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donor prospects and other key constituencies.
- Participate in short- and long-term strategic planning for the major gifts program and other development initiatives.
- Support the Founder & CEO and Development Department with other assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 10-15+ years of related work experience
- Extensive sales and/or non-profit fundraising success with the ability to cultivate, solicit and close five and six figure gifts
- Highly energetic individual with a track record of building relationships and developing and executing successful sales and/or major gift strategies
- Familiarity and excitement for racquets sports and the Greater Boston racquets community (strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with a CRM database and/ or software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.)
- Commitment to working within a mission-based organization and to Tenacity’s goal of preparing under-resourced youth for post-secondary success
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be a dynamic multi-tasker
- Outstanding and authentic interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Superb judgment and the sensibility to adjudicate wisely among competing priorities
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for Tenacity events and meetings
- Ability to travel to face-to-face donor meetings on a regular basis Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
The position will be primarily based out of Tenacity’s Boston office; thus, the ideal candidate will live in or within an easily commutable distance of Boston and have the natural capacity to visit donors and attend meetings and events in the Greater Boston area.
Competitive Six figures and commensurate with candidate’s professional experience
To apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org