Executive and Administrative Assistant
The Unitarian Universalist Urban Ministry (UUUM) is seeking candidates for the position of Executive and Administrative Assistant. The UUUM is one of the oldest social justice organizations in the country, with an extensive volunteer program and the support of an alliance of approximately 50 Unitarian Universalist congregations in Greater Boston. Currently we provide after-school, weekend and summer programming for youth, a domestic violence shelter, a job readiness program, and cultural and educational events. Our work is grounded in bridging racial and geographic divides to address injustice, and most especially racial injustice. Visit our website at www.uuum.org for more information.
Key elements of the role include:
- Office management including electronic and paper record keeping, supplies and equipment oversight and interfacing with vendors
- Support of the Executive Director as needed
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors, in support of the Executive Director
- Support for the Development Office
- Reception and hospitality support
Reports to: Executive Director & Senior Minister
- Keeping and organizing electronic and paper records for the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Supporting the Executive Director in preparation for meetings and activities including making copies, sending emails, ordering lunch and other tasks as needed.
- Supporting building reception including at times staffing reception area, providing building tours and welcoming visitors
- Stocking and ordering office supplies, managing equipment including phone system and copy machine.
- Opening building for vendors, welcoming visitors as needed
- Assisting at times with mailing and data entry for development team
- Providing support in welcoming and onboarding new employees
- Knowledge of and identification with the mission and vision of the UU Urban Ministry
- Appreciation for working in diverse setting
- Understanding of how to enable the smooth running of an office and support of leadership
- Experience and knowledge of nonprofit sector
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, self-motivated.
- Strong people skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and time constraints
- Strong computer and data entry ability
- Computer experience
- Proficiency with Google, Microsoft and Powerpoint
- Ability to work both independently and as an integrated team member
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a professional office setting
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Director of Special Projects Monique Marshall Veale at firstname.lastname@example.org. This job opportunity will remain open until filled.