Harvard Graduate School of Education
The Harvard Education Publishing Group publishes books on education practice, policy, and scholarship under the imprint Harvard Education Press and the Harvard Educational Review, a generalist scholarly journal that provides an interdisciplinary forum for innovative thinking and research in education.
Our mission is to contribute to the knowledge and greater understanding of educational issues that are of central importance in our society today. We are committed to serving as a forum for different perspectives within the field of education and to participating in current debates through a variety of media.
321060 Media/Communica Manager
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Strategic Partnerships, the Executive Director will:
- Oversee all aspects of the HEPG operations, including production and marketing of the Harvard Education Press books and the Harvard Educational Review
- Develop and implement a strategic vision and plan for the future of HEPG that serves the field, builds on current strengths, responds to the rapidly-changing market, and aligns with the strategic direction of HGSE
- Oversee the editorial and publishing policies at HEPG, working closely with the Editor in Chief of the Harvard Education Press and the student leaders of the Harvard Educational Review
- Collaborate with the Editor-in-Chief and the Acquisition Editor(s) to support current Harvard Education Press authors and create relationships with new authors
- Manage the finances of HEPG, including an annual budget of approximately $3 million
- Assess and implement opportunities for HEPG to globalize its content and outreach
- Increase HEPG’s service to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of its operations
- Leverage social media and other channels to increase the visibility of HEPG’s publications, working collaboratively with HGSE’s Marketing & Communications team
- Extend and deepen connections across HGSE in mutually beneficial collaborations that advance the mission of the school and create new opportunities for HEPG, especially in partnership with Professional Education
- Explore opportunities to collaborate more deeply with Gutman Library
- Minimum 10 years experience in publishing
- Experience managing a team
- Background with academic publishing
- Experience in publishing for practice and policy
- Experience in publishing production processes and sustaining an efficient operation
- Experience managing a budget of a commensurate size to that of HEPG
- Experience in innovating in product development and/or marketing, including strategic use of social media
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.