Harvard Graduate School of Education
Reporting to the Director of Facilities at the Harvard University Graduate School of Education (HGSE) the Facilities Manager primary responsibility will be managing all aspects of contracted services. Communicates with various faculty, staff and students to ensure their satisfaction with these services as it relates to the standards of the contracts. Monitors the performance of vendors to ensure the highest quality service with the best value, creates performance matrixes and benchmarks against industry standards.
405005 Fac & Op Professional (N)
Responsible of the following, but not limited to:
• Directly supervises HUCTW staff. Prioritizes, directs and assigns work to be performed. Ensures work is completed correctly and in timely manner. Meets regularly to review upcoming project work. Conducts and evaluates mid-year and annual performance reviews.
• Manages the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) programs. Supervise management of the Preventive Maintenance Programs and Quality Assurance of work orders (Service Request and Preventive Maintenance).
• Leveraging the CMMS analyze and report on data to support management decisions and workload distribution; refining and implementing a strong planning and scheduling function focused on developing and executing preventive and deferred maintenance of equipment, space, and infrastructure.
• Manages and schedules in the CMMS all contracted trades, vendors, other university departments providing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) / Life Safety Fire Alarm, Fire Protection. Locks/Keys, Access Control System, Energy Management System, Landscape & Trash/Recycle, Carpentry, Paint, and other services to the HGSE. Manages various service contracts and evaluates vendor performance.
- 5 years of experience in facilities management, or an equivalent combination of professional certification, education, experience in facilities management /contract service management.
- Candidates wishing to be considered must submit a resume in addition to a cover letter.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management or Engineering.
Once Harvard resumes regular operations this position will no longer be remote and work will be performed on campus in Cambridge MA.
NOTICE: Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.