Massachusetts Laborers Benefit Funds
Primary Job Responsibilities
Responsible for the supervision of timely and accurate audit of payroll and other records to ensure the correct reporting and payment of benefit contributions according to the applicable union contract. The auditor will gather all pertinent information, compare audit results with previously submitted contractor reports and bill contractor for under or unreported hours and/or contributions, accordingly.
Responsible for the enforcement of Fund office policy regarding the timely receipt of contributions from contractors in accordance with the prevailing union contract.
Establishes and maintains contacts with contractors to effectively and timely resolve delinquency issues, review audits (as necessary) and maintain collection records.
Work closely with business managers, field agents, and other members of the local union and District Council to locate/gather information and solicit their assistance in resolving a delinquency problem. Reviews daily cash, dunning calls as necessary, and works with audit staff. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Auditing and the Executive Director.
- Experience in field audits of contractors in a Taft-Hartley environment or similar business
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication, and problem solving
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word and
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and rapidly changing
- Ability to resolve contractors’ problems and to demonstrate patience and remain courteous when faced with difficult contractors/laborers.
- Ability to interact well within a team
- Must be willing to travel to on-site construction offices in Northern New England, as well as occasional overnight travel.
- Exceptional benefit package including 100% Company paid Health Insurance and Pension