Gift Shop Manager
Come join the awesome team at Beth Israel Lahey Health Mount Auburn Hospital!
- Directs the unpacking, pricing and displaying of merchandise.
- Assists with research and selection of merchandise.
- Initiates ideas and service to further develop customer satisfaction. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises employees in the Volunteer Services-Gift Shop
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees.
- Plans work assignments for staff, delegates responsibilities appropriately, and conducts employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for applying and managing corrective action process when needed.
- Manages conflict resolution issues with staff by addressing all complaints and concerns.
- Handles customer complaints and makes adjustments when merchandise is returned; exercises safety measures for customers.
- Makes sure all merchandise is neatly and attractively displayed, rearranges merchandise in gift shop to promote continued customer service, and determines periodic update of decorating gift shop; promotes gift shop and fosters interest in merchandise through special projects and/or events in-house; develops unique themes and advertising techniques to better insure financial goals.
- Determines mark-up/mark down of merchandise in stock; completes accurate posting of daily sales to monthly records (flowers, jewelry, gifts, etc.); promptly processes invoices showing both cost and retail and posts to monthly record according to classification; record sales daily; conducts annual inventory in January of all merchandise by classification, quantity and price.
- High school graduate plus a one year certificate acquired by completing a college, or business school, or two or more years of related experience.
- Analytical ability required to assist in monitoring department budget, maintaining proper inventory of stock, and supporting the gift shops initiatives and goals.
- The ability to manage, change and resolve conflict.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions and elementary statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to interact professionally and to deal effectively with all levels of hospital staff.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Strong written communication skills.
- The ability to prepare financial reports and to interpret data accurately.