Grocery Delivery Assistant
Overview: Working for a Malden-based nonprofit food distribution organization, this individual will assist the Coordinator of the Grocery Delivery Program to provide free grocery deliveries to low-income senior citizens, disabled residents and COVID-isolating families.
Hours: 14 regular hours per week plus 4 additional hours one Friday per month. Tuesday & Thursday, 12-4 pm; Wednesday 12-6; plus one Friday 12-4.
- Assist volunteers to package grocery orders
- Act as lead supervisor of volunteers on behalf of the Coordinator when the Coordinator is unavailable, e.g. creating delivery lists (Tuesdays) or making deliveries and purchases
- Deliver grocery orders to individuals and housing developments as needed
- Work with volunteers to maintain cleanliness and order in the grocery delivery rooms
- Ability to work well with volunteers, be respectful and courteous, and present BOL in a positive light to volunteers, patrons and our community partners/referral sources.
- Collaboration skills – be a team player
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive
- Be able to lift 25 to 35 pound boxes
Pay: TBD, minimum $15.00/hour
Supervisor: Grocery Delivery Coordinator
To apply: Email qualifications or resume to Executive Director