Investment Analyst (Hybrid)
Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation (MHIC) seeks an Investment Analyst who is excited to build experience across the variety of products that MHIC offers and develop an understanding of complex real estate underwriting with a mission-based organization. Reporting to the Director of Community Investment, or, at the Director’s discretion to a Senior Investment Officer, the Investment Analyst will play a critical role in determining the feasibility of new financing opportunities including loan financing, as well as Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Historic Tax Credit, New Markets Tax Credit, and Healthy Neighborhoods Equity Fund transactions. The key responsibility is to provide financial modeling and underwriting support for the Community Investment team.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a motivated individual with strong analytical
- Have solid knowledge of real estate
- Have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Have a passion for MHIC’s mission and a level of energy, enthusiasm, and
Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation (MHIC) is an innovative financier of affordable housing and community development throughout New England, providing financing that would not otherwise be available to neighborhoods most in need. For over 32 years, MHIC has invested more than $3.4 billion to help create and sustain healthy, equitable communities where people, businesses, and organizations can thrive. Supported by an experienced and dedicated staff, MHIC excels in problem-solving, with rigorous underwriting, attentive asset management, and timely reporting to investors. To date, MHIC has financed over 680 developments, representing more than 26,500 homes and 7.3 million sq. ft. of commercial space. Visit www.mhic.com or LinkedIn and Twitter for more information.
- Support the analysis of investment and financing opportunities including financial underwriting
- Identify and evaluate potential underwriting Work with Investment Officers to identify solutions to mitigate underwriting risks.
- Perform initial due diligence analysis (including review of appraisals, market studies, capital needs assessments, and environmental reports).
- Perform credit analyses of financial statements for borrowers, guarantors, general partners, property managers, and general contractors.
- Assist Investment Officers in preparing loan and investment proposals, including relevant financial models and sensitivity analyses.
- Develop strong working knowledge of MHIC’s loan and investment policies.
- Assist in documenting Community Investment team procedures, including for new products.
- Assist with other activities to support the Community Investment team as requested.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with advanced knowledge of
- At least 2 years’ work experience in real estate finance, or a related field. Experience working with the Low-income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and/or New Markets Tax Credit programs are
- College degree required, with a preference for a focus in business, finance, accounting, or related
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication
- Exceptional attention to
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize simultaneous and competing activities and demands, remain organized and meet deadlines.
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and concerns and present reasonable
Salary: $83,000-$120,000 per year, full-time, based on experience.
MHIC offers a professional, supportive working environment with competitive compensation, generous health, retirement, and commuter benefits, plus educational and training opportunities.
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your qualifications for this position, along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Investment Analyst included in the subject line. Principals only. No phone calls, recruiters, or staffing firms, please!
MHIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is at the core of MHIC’s vision, mission, and values. We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to be their full, authentic selves. Our staff represents many different cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints.