CONNECT seeks a Job Navigator to deliver career services to low- and moderate-income Revere residents who are current or former students of WEE or Revere Community School (RCS). The Job Navigator will assist job seekers from diverse backgrounds and levels of experience to conduct successful job searches and obtain employment or enroll in job training programs. Specifically, the Job Navigator will provide 1:1 career coaching and provide high quality facilitation of workshops incorporating best practices in adult education and training. This position is located in Chelsea, MA with some work in Revere, MA and some services being delivered remotely. This position is grant funded and is a 9-month long assignment.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team at CONNECT dedicated to both rapid reemployment and building long-term sustainable jobs while working in coalition with other partners.
Opportunity Communities, LLC (OppCo) was created as a fresh and innovative business model that solves a fundamental structural challenge: retaining local control of resources and assets, that are continually reinvested back into the community, while benefiting from the efficiency and effectiveness of a larger scale entity.
The Neighborhood Developers (TND) is a community development corporation based in Chelsea and serving Chelsea, Revere and Everett. TND’s mission is to bring its core strengths – building homes, engaging neighbors, and fostering economic mobility – to community partnerships that create great neighborhoods where all people can thrive. TND has a real estate portfolio of about 450 homes and about 20,000 sq. ft. of commercial space in Chelsea and Revere. TND also has a development pipeline of about 350 homes, including new construction and renovation, in a range of projects that mix uses, incomes and styles to meet community needs.
- Conduct outreach through Revere Works partner organizations (Women Encouraging Empowerment, Revere Community School, and Moroccan American Connections in Revere) to recruit Revere residents in need of job navigation.
- Conduct outreach to Revere employers to learn about potential job openings.
- As long as office space at Revere Works partners is available and pandemic conditions allow, provide in-person services in Revere twice weekly.
- Screen clients to ensure they are eligible with CDBG income guidelines
- Provide one-on-one job navigation services to 50-70 Revere residents, including cover letter and resume editing, interview prep (including mock interviews), online application guidance, and soft skills training.
- Develop written materials – such as sample resumes and cover letters and interview tips – and online or in-person job search workshops.
- Refer clients to necessary trainings, including helping them with MassHire’s resources
- Identify job openings and refer clients to employers.
- Track clients served, progress and outcomes, follow-up as necessary
- Attend Revere Works coalition meetings
- Encourage client awareness and usage of other CONNECT services.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of the job market and job search tools
- Proficiency in a range of computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and databases
- Experience working with low-income clients from a variety of racial/ethnic groups and countries.
- Strong program implementation skills: demonstrated ability to manage time and staff, prioritize appropriately among multiple competing demands, and solve problems.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral, including comfort with public speaking
- Three years of experience in workforce development, career coaching, recruiting or customer service fields with excellent knowledge of career coaching tools and techniques
- Familiarity with Revere, MA and surrounding communities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides all administrative and operational infrastructure for TND. OppCo, and members Nuestra Comunidad and TND, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Submit your cover letter and resume to the following link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4727949