Global Arts Live, a nonprofit organization based in Cambridge, MA, brings international music, contemporary dance, and jazz from around the world to stages across Greater Boston. After the completion of a successful strategic plan and rebranding campaign, Global Arts Live is ushering in a new phase of growth and innovation, including a partnership to create a new cultural arts center in Kendall Square, Cambridge, scheduled to open in 2026.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, the Marketing Coordinator will assist in creating, executing, and analyzing an integrated content strategy to drive web traffic and ticket sales, and communicate our nonprofit mission. This position offers exposure to all areas of arts marketing—promotion, public relations and administration—and the opportunity to experience incredible art from around the world.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Some night and weekend work is required. Candidates will have flexible remote work options, with some in-office work expected.
- Content Calendar Maintain internal content calendar for website, social, and email communications
- Social media (organic, earned, paid) Develop ad copy and creative, targeting criteria, and placement on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter
- Email campaigns Create, execute, and analyze campaigns and segmentation strategies
- Website Update content including blog, artist pages, and campaign specific landing pages, optimize web content for SEO, assist in projects with web developer
- Community engagement Establish and maintain relationships with community organizations, create new partnerships with mission focused organizations to further communicate our brand mission
- Public Relations Draft and distribute press releases
- Google Analytics & Tag Manager Develop and deliver regular KPI reports with a focus on improving customer engagement, revenue growth, and user experience
- Content Creation Work closely with graphic designer in designing materials, pitch new strategies and promotions
- Database Management Master CRM to pull lists and segment patrons, analyze data, and take ticket orders, as needed
- Administrative Organize press clippings and tear sheets, organize and gather promotional support materials, liaise with print partners, track marketing expenses
- Supervisory Establish and oversee street marketing team, coordinate office volunteers, oversee intern
- On Site Attend concerts and events, representing organization, encouraging email list and membership sign-ups, and capturing content for social
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years professional marketing or administrative experience or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
- Strong writing, copy editing, and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organized; comfortable multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Design-driven sensibility; experienced in developing engaging web content
- Interest in authentic work with diverse communities and cultures, and commitment to advancing anti-racism in the mission delivery and workplace
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, walk up and down two flights of stairs, and lift 30 lbs
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, video editing software preferred
- Interest in the performing arts preferred
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to arts and culture administration, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or ready to take the next step in your career path, we will be glad to consider your application.
Please use your cover letter to tell us about your experience and what you hope to bring to this role.
Global Arts Live offices are located in Central Square, Cambridge. We are a small, friendly, and dedicated team. We work closely together and are very passionate about what we do.
About Global Arts Live
Global Arts Live is a nonprofit organization that brings extraordinary international music, contemporary dance, and jazz from around the world to stages across Greater Boston. By putting the spotlight on artistic excellence from all corners of the globe and reflecting the diverse and vibrant community that is Boston, we aspire to transcend borders, cultivate community, and enrich lives. A trusted curator for over30 years, Global Arts Live has made live, international music and dance a vital part of Boston’s cultural scene by featuring more than 800 artists from 70+ countries in over 1,500 performances attended by more than 1 million people. To be as inclusive as possible, foster experimentation, and support a diverse community of artists, Global Arts Live is not bound by walls. Instead, it brings outstanding artists to the most appropriate setting—from intimate 200-seat clubs to 2,500-seat theaters and everything in between. Each year, it presents over 60 concerts in more than 15 different venues across the city. For more information, visit globalartslive.org.
Global Arts Live is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all races, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, and national origins. Global Arts Live is committed to creating a work environment that values respect, integrity, diversity, and inclusion.
Full time, $55,000 annual salary. Benefits include health, dental, flexible spending account, retirement, and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
The priority application deadline for this position is February 10, 2023. While we will still accept and consider applications received after this date, we encourage you to apply as early as possible for the best chance of being considered for this position.
Email cover letter and resume to Jen Fox, Marketing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org