Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary
Come join the awesome team at Beth Israel Lahey Health Mount Auburn Hospital!
- Provides direct patient care within protocols for medical assistants while adhering to HIPPA/ OSHA regulations.
- Performs vital signs, EKG, PFT, throat culture, MRSA swabs, urine culture, and assists with procedures as directed.
- Performs phlebotomy as necessary.
- Sterilizes instruments and maintains diagnostic equipment in appropriate working order. Follows established OSHA guidelines for cleaning and disposing of hazardous materials.
- Ensures that equipment in exam rooms are operable, e.g., otoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, computers, etc. on a daily basis.
- Greets patients, determines their medical needs, and responds accordingly.
- Maintains appointment/exam schedules.
- Assists with mail, telephone and clerical support.
- High school graduate. Minimum of one year’s experience as a medical assistant in a medical practice environment is desirable. Certification as a medical assistant is desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, word processing equipment, and personal computers.
- Two years of experience in a busy medical practice setting preferred. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Knowledge of pre-admission and pretesting requirements helpful.
- Working knowledge of insurance regulations and form completion. Ability to be trained in CPT and ICD9 coding. Knowledge of the billing system is helpful.
- Must be certified or willing to be certified in CPR.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Effective telephone manner and ability to communicate with patients, physicians, and other professional staff.