The Community Action Agency of Somerville (CAAS), a private, non-profit agency incorporated in 1981, is the Federally designated anti-poverty agency for Somerville. The mission of CAAS is to reduce poverty among local families and individuals while working to counteract, and whenever possible, eliminate, the societal conditions that cause and perpetuate poverty. The Office Administrator is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our offices at 66-70 Union Square, and for providing administrative support to our programs as necessary.
- Create and maintain an inventory system for all office supplies. Order office supplies on a rotating schedule that ensures no gaps in inventory; process related purchase invoices.
- Assist the fiscal office and CAAS’s IT consultant in maintaining lists of all CAAS office equipment.
- Coordinate repairs and replacements of CAAS office equipment as needed. Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors including installations and repair visits. Maintain funding on our postage machine.
- Manage CAAS’s document retention and destruction system. Maintain schedule for document destruction; conduct document destruction per the schedule’s timeline and guidance. Serve as point of contact with paper shredding vendor.
- Maintain centralized calendars (meeting rooms, vacations, client meetings)
- Collect and distribute mail daily; assist with large scale mailings.
- Assist Human Resources and department directors with office space preparation for new staff.
- Meet and greet clients and other visitors to the office.
- Keep our public spaces neat and presentable.
- Assist with completion and dissemination of Board packages prior to meetings. Attend Board of Directors meetings to take minutes.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
- Work on various projects as assigned.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Portuguese strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of prior office administration.
- Facility with complete Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs, and comfort level with using databases
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.