On Call Nurse with Sign-On Bonus
Good Shepherd Community Care has an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our dedicated on-call team. This role is a night time position. The ideal candidate will take calls and triage patients’ symptoms. This nurse will have strong assessment skills and be confident in symptom management. The nurse will be responsible for visiting patients after hours. Reliable transportation is required. This position is eligible for a $5000 sign-on Bonus.
- Triage all calls that come in after hours.
- Provide symptom management to alleviate discomfort and stress in the family system.
- Make home visits to hospice patients.
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of MA as a Registered Nurse
- At least 1 year of Hospice or Palliative experience preferred; or at least 2 years of oncology nursing.
- Demonstrate strong triage skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of hospice philosophy and pain and symptom management.
- Demonstrate a willingness to visit patients at night if symptoms are not alleviated after first triage call.
- Ability to work within diverse social and economic situations without imposing own values.
- Demonstrate an understanding of team approach and communication.
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere and demonstrate positive interactions with patients/families and colleagues
Good Shepherd Benefits Package offers:
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks paid time off at hire
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Health and dental insurance, coverage begins as of your start date
- Life insurance
- 403(b) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Partnership with Regis College for reduced tuition rates