Patient Account Associate
Harbor Health Services Inc
The Patient Accounts Associate (PAA) duties include entering charges, submitting claims; and, posting payments on the Harbor Health billing system. Other duties include addressing discrepancies with billing charges, payments and/or denials, and advising their PATL of these discrepancies.
• Reviews and applies pending charges from the Electronic Practice Management (EPM) system.
• Reviews/adds/removes charges on patient’s account based on recommendations from the coder.
• Acts as a billing liaison for the coder when questions arise.
• Bills claims weekly from the billing system.
• Runs reports to ensure all claims are being billed and submitted on time.
• Posts payments and denials weekly to ensure there are no billing issues.
• Assists with performing follow-up duties as assigned by Team Leader.
• Runs various reports through EPIC Electronic Practice Management (EPM) System to ensure that all claims processing is done in timely manner.
• Reconciles end of month reports for respective payers.
• Logs into the phone queue daily, and answer questions from patients.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year of experience in medical billing.
• Working knowledge of billing systems, EPIC/OCHIN EPM application highly desired.
• Must be computer literate with basic level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of physician billing.
• May substitute (3) or more months of patient billing or patient registration experience with EPIC/OCHIN software for one (1) year of medical billing experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.