Come join our Harbor Health Care Team!
The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist and assists with typing, preparing and filling prescriptions for verification by the pharmacist.
Position is located at the Geiger Gibson Community Health Center retail pharmacy.
Position is offered with an excellent Benefits Package including Health, Dental and Vision, generous paid time off plus 11 additional paid holidays annually and much more!
• Accepts new prescriptions or refill requests from patients and evaluates information for completeness and accuracy.
• Successfully processes prescription medications through various insurances including the error resolution process.
• Counts prescription medication, fills prescriptions, types and attaches medication labels.
• Greets patients at the Point of Sale while delivering exceptional customer service, answers phone inquiries in a timely manner.
• Adheres to State and Federal regulations pertaining to working in a pharmacy.
• Maintains patient confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Performs on those functions as allowed by the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy
• Works collaboratively with administration and clinical care teams to provide quality care for the patient
• Restocks shelves in the dispensing areas as stock replacement is received from Drug Wholesaler.
• Checks inventory for outdated medications.
• Prepares and coordinates prescription orders for shipment.
• Assists pharmacist in training new technicians and cross training.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Certified Pharmacy Technician or Registered Technician required, current CPR/BLS required
• 1-3 years pharmacy or related experience, preferably in outpatient clinic pharmacy services or retail pharmacy
• Must be flexible and be able to work different schedules to meet client and pharmacy needs
• Must possess detailed knowledge of OTC drugs and laws governing OTC medications
• Demonstrates competent working knowledge of insurance plans
• Must possess thorough knowledge of the Pharmacy Technician Procedures
• Able to work in fast-paced environment and troubleshoot and solve problems
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications and customer service skills
• Must be organized and be able to prioritize tasks, detail oriented
• Computer literate with intermediate skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
• Bilingual English/Vietnamese or other language preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.