Brandeis University seeks to hire a Program Administrator to provide administrative and financial management for the Racial Justice & Tech Policy (RJxTP) initiative. This person will collaborate with the research team to develop and implement a tech and AI policy road map that advances the Institute’s vision of racial and economic equity for all people, as well as, provide administrative support for the initiatives three pillars: 1) capacity building through an educational pipeline of students of color; 2) innovation through an incubator lab incentivized by the Hidden Bias Award; and 3) knowledge construction through extensive course offerings.
- Coordinate and manage day to day functions of the RJxTP initiative including but not limited to: finances, program activities, courses, collaborations, and time line. Manage various RJxTP projects under the direction and supervision of program PI. Coordinates release of new publications on website, mass mailings, social media, and press releases with RJxTP authors and IERE and Heller communication department. Design report elements or supervises subcontracted designer; Supervise all social media aspects of RJxTP program across several social media platforms such as Google alerts, lists, research for Tweets, etc. Provide input to the development of communications for RJxTP. Track progress of research program goals and deliverables. Flag any concerns to the PI; recommend alternative actions to mitigate them. Maintain databases and filing systems. Schedule meetings and conference calls; arrange events (i.e., support the H.O.P.E. Summer Institute initiative, contribute to the planning and execution of an annual week-long AI and Tech-focused conference).
- Manage the budget for the RJxTP initiative. Approve invoices for payment. Reconcile RJxTP account on a monthly basis. Monitor salary coverage for all staff apart of RJxTP program. Flag variances to management and recommend strategies to mitigate them.
- Track progress of research program goals and deliverables. Provide project update reports. Flag concerns to management; recommend options to mitigate them.
- Provide support for course execution / management and assist with the preparation of course materials. Provide updates to LATTE and assist RJxTP faculty to carry out administrative and teaching responsibility.
- Manage scheduling with the initiatives internal and external partners including the initiative’s advisory board.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of an annual week-long AI and Tech-focused conference. Participate in developing program content.
- Support the H.O.P.E. Summer Institute initiative. (A youth initiative that will be implemented in the Racial Justice and Tech Pillar to build a pipeline of scholars). Under the guidance of the RJxTD PI, they provide administrative support the H.O.P.E. Summer Institute initiative by designing informational flyers or supervising subcontractor designers, coordinate release of event information to gather support from partners by mass mailings and social media. Coordinate event planning, organizing, and directing the completion of projects with PI and applicable partners/vendors on time, on budget, and within scope. Participate in negotiating contract and budget terms with vendors. Job Requirements:
Skills & Qualifications:
BS/BA (MS/MA preferred) plus 1-3 years’ full-time work experience. At least 3-5 years’ related experience is strongly preferred.
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.