Job title Programs Coordinator
Reports to Director of Library, Recreation, and Community Programs
FULL-TIME, 35 Hours/Week
The Randolph Community Programs Department’s mission is to provide quality and enriching fitness, sports, educational, cultural, and intergenerational experiences. The main hub for these experiences is the Randolph Intergenerational Community Center (RICC), a gathering place for Randolph residents of all ages. Our programs and services are designed with a focus on the diverse physical, social, and emotional needs of the residents of Randolph.
The Randolph Community Programs Department is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Randolph Library, Recreation, and Community Programs Director, will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising, and evaluating programs for all ages at the RICC, local parks, and outreach events. The Program Coordinator will focus on program quality and delivery of services as well as community engagement and marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure the health, safety, and well-being of program participants by providing supervision of all activities.
● Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
● Create innovative, diverse, and relevant programs for all ages through community surveying and research.
● Maintain accurate program documentation (participant files, data entry,, attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
● Support the Library, Recreation, and Community Programs Director and the Elder Affairs Director as well as supervise assistant programs coordinator.
● Work cooperatively with town and school staff to host collaborative programs.
● Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
● Create marketing flyers for program awareness and enrollment; update bulletin boards and create a monthly newsletter.
● Serve as a positive role model for participants.
● Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
● Adhere to all Town of Randolph and Department of Health standards, expectations, and regulations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
● High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● Minimum of two (2) years of hands on experience working in adult and youth programs.
● General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
● Knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, or Adobe Design Products preferred
● Must be available to work afternoon/evenings and alternating Saturdays as well as any large town events. Schedule subject to change.
● Multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to traverse a large facility interacting with the public. Employee is also expected to travel to parks and other outreach locations within Randolph and must have their own transportation. The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet however other aspects of the job may require working in moderate to loud noise levels.
Position requires excessive walking, running and playing, as well as some moderate lifting up to 50 pounds.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to: Elizabeth LaRosee, at firstname.lastname@example.org The Town will be accepting resumes until the position is filled and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The Town of Randolph is an Equal Opportunity Employer