Come join the awesome team at Beth Israel Lahey Health Mount Auburn Hospital!
- Responds promptly to emergencies. a. Calls for assistance, in a professional manner, within one minute, as indicated by officer’s reports and supervisor’s observations. b. Performs at emergency/crisis situations according to prescribed procedure or protocol, as indicated by officer’s report. c. Demonstrates consistent ability to assess and resolve crises, with minimum restrictions, according to approved training methods 100% of the time.
- Patrols, inspects, and reports loss prevention issues and safety hazards. a. Performs frequent, random, and visible patrols as indicated by watchclock records and the number of activity notices. b. Demonstrates knowledge of safety and loss prevention issues, as indicated by the number of activity notices and responses to patrol observations verified by safety rounds. c. Enforces all protocols, regulations, policies, and procedures under which Mount Auburn Hospital operates, and all applicable ordinances, statutes, and codes of the City of Cambridge, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the United States of America.
- Reports incidents. a. Prepares factual, concise, and legible incident reports, as prescribed by department training and standards. b. Submits incident reports by the conclusion of the shift. c. Completes incident reports on all major incidents and informational occurrences, as prescribed by department standards.
- Performs desk duties. a. Observes CCTV monitors continually for unusual activity, as indicated by response and journal entries. b. Monitors alarm/access control computer and dispatches response officer within one minute if an unexpected alarm is received.
- Ensures positive public relations attitude. a. Maintains positive posture, polite, and respectful communications with patients, families, visitors, and other employees, as indicated by supervisor’s observations. b. Demonstrates a self-awareness in presenting a positive comportment, adhering to department uniform and dress standards.
- Performs adjacent duties as required. a. Responds immediately to evidence of criminal activity or suspicious acts, questions witnesses, protects recovered property, escorts unauthorized persons from hospital property, and notifies appropriate criminal justice agency as necessary. b. Conducts preliminary investigations. Observes, confronts, detains, if necessary, and interviews any suspicious individuals. c. Provides safe transportation for staff members and their possessions. d. Provides one-to-one observation of patients as needed. e. Conducts regularly scheduled instructional fire drills. f. Assists with department orientation, inservice, required training, and continuing education of department members.
- Oversees hospital parking. a. Enforces all hospital parking and traffic control regulations.
- Adequate reading, oral, and written communicative skills, normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency. Associate’s degree or equivalent in criminal justice, law enforcement, or business management preferred.
- One year of related work experience.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license, with proven safe driving record in all weather conditions.
- Good decision-making ability in stressful/emergency situations.
Ability to pass and maintain certification in CPR (first responder – C) and CPI (Nonviolent crisis intervention).