RN Case Manager w/ Sign-on Bonus
Community-based, mission-driven hospice seeks a full-time Registered Nurse to join its rapidly expanding clinical team as a Case Manager. Local travel is required for this position. Care is provided in patient’s private homes and residential facilities throughout Greater Boston and parts of Metrowest. This position is eligible for a $3000 sign-on Bonus
Responsible for patients’ comprehensive plans of care, including collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and other health care providers/facilities to ensure smooth coordination of care. Provide clinical assessment of patients’ ADLs, functional, psychological, and environmental needs. Implement and monitor aspects of patient care including managing discomfort and symptom relief. Consult with and educate patients, families and community health care professionals about hospice care, terminal disease, self-care techniques and end-of-life processes.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Massachusetts
- Sensitivity and understanding of end-of-life issues
- Experience in a community health, hospice, oncology or related field preferred but not required. Interested nurses are encouraged to apply and will receive comprehensive job training specific to the role.
- Demonstrated assessment skills for pain management and symptom control
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
Good Shepherd Benefits Package offers:
- Competitive salary
- Four weeks paid time off in first year
- 12 paid holidays
- Health and dental insurance, coverage begins as of your start date
- Life insurance
- 403(b) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Partnership with Regis College for reduced tuition rates
Good Shepherd Community Care is one of the most trusted health care organizations in Greater Boston focusing on hospice and palliative care. Founded as Hospice of the Good Shepherd in 1978, we are the original Massachusetts hospice. After decades of caring for our community, we continue to remain an independent, not-for-profit, non-sectarian organization. Good Shepherd believes in the importance of mutual respect and acceptance and values diversity in our patients, families and caregivers, employees, volunteers, community, and partner organizations. We are committed to these values and honor the dignity of each individual through the care, support and education we provide. Our team members benefit from a collaborative work environment in a welcoming office, easily accessible to I-95, with on-site parking in Newton.