Senior Substitute (Intermittent)
Performs public service desk coverage at the Main Library and all branches, as needed. Provides outstanding customer service. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides substitute coverage for all departments and branches of the Library, as needed
- Performs functions related to circulation: check-outs, check-ins, reserves, renewals, fine assessment and collection, and similar related tasks
- Provides outstanding and engaging customer service to the public
- Assists borrowers in locating books and materials and, when necessary, refers them to other staff members
- Shelves materials and reads shelves as needed
- Processes deliveries – moving and unloading bins and checking-in items
- Any other duties required for the good of the library
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency required. A Bachelor’s degree or coursework beyond the high school level is desirable. Library experience is strongly preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to be a strong team player and treat colleagues with courtesy and respect
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude in all situations
- Ability to handle the unexpected and stay calm and professional under pressure
- Working knowledge of basic public library concepts and resources
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately and thoroughly
- Tact. Patience. Maturity.
- The City of Cambridge’s workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse. Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time to use computer workstations, including keyboard and visual display terminal. Strength to push or pull a loaded book cart which can weigh in excess of 100 pounds on level floor and up ramp, to lift or maneuver onto cart loads of up to 50 pounds, and to carry cartons of books. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and concentrate on work. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities to permit effective communication. Sufficient vision or other powers of observation to permit employee to read books and patron requests. Sufficient manual dexterity to permit the employee to type and record library files. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes to permit the employee to re-shelve library materials and work at public service desks.
- Works in assigned areas, including office areas, training rooms, various library locations, as necessary
- Normal office exposure to noise, stress, and interruptions
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep abreast of changes in profession
RATE: $20 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Average 10 hours per week (may be required to work additional hours during busy times) between the hours of 8:30am – 9:00pm Monday – Saturday. Shifts and total hours will vary week to week based on need and availability. Candidates must be very flexible. Afternoon and evening availability (between 12:00 – 9:00pm) especially needed at this time as well as availability around holidays.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit both your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Review of resumes begins immediately. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.