The staff assistant will provide administrative support to the Vice President of Area Planning and Development (APD), serving as the administrative point of contact for the APD department and regularly interfacing with member representatives and all levels of employees at MASCO. The staff assistant will support the Vice President of Area Planning and Development by ensuring smooth operation of the department and assisting as needed with research, planning, and other projects critical to the success of the area. Although not required, applicants with an interest in urban and/or transportation planning are strongly encouraged to apply.
MASCO is a non-profit organization in the Longwood Medical and Academic Area. MASCO’s mission is to drive collaborative solutions enabling Longwood to be an innovative hub of health care, research, and education. MASCO is where talent and motivation come together to do impactful work for the Longwood community. Take your career to the next level with us! Learn more about MASCO at masco.org.
- Serve as principal assistant to the Vice President and provide general support to APD.
- Administrative contact for Vice President and APD staff availability and contact lists.
- Provide administrative and project support to the Vice President as needed to support priority initiatives such as building a transportation framework and areawide planning for new development impacts
- Streamline and maintain the Vice President’s electronic filing system, APD library, corporate contracts, shared files, and convert appropriate documents to DocuWare system.
- Coordinate governance, committee, and other meetings with internal and external participants, including scheduling, executing, recording minutes, and maintaining related documentation.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of APD reports, documents, databases, presentations, and other projects.
- Design graphics for print and/or online to market and promote APD progress to stakeholders.
- Responsible for updating APD website content, including construction advisories and placemaking program schedules.
- Compose, edit, and distribute APD communications to internal and external contacts.
- Assist Finance Department with accounting-related tasks (e.g., input accounts payable data, scan checks, electronically separate invoices, etc.) weekly.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum one year of office-based administrative work experience. Experience may be in higher education co-op work.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Suite. Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign or willingness to learn web editing software preferred. Experience with Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proactive organizational and prioritization skills; ability to proactively research and solve issues.
- Ability to work on several unrelated tasks at the same time and work under the pressure of tight deadlines while ensuring a strong attention to detail.
- Must maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Three weeks paid time off
- Hybrid work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement/ professional development
- Monthly MBTA subsidy or FREE offsite parking
- 401(k) plan with generous employer contribution
MASCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity represented by our employees and member institutions. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.