Staff Registered Nurse
The Staff RN is responsible for insuring that EOEA’s Interdisciplinary Case Management Standards are met. The Staff RN will conduct home visits to assess consumers’ functional health status. RN will determine eligibility and appropriateness for community services, and programs and coordinate services to clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with team members determine client appropriateness for various Home Care programs and services and determines clinical eligibility for Medicaid funded programs and other related services and the frequency, scope and duration of services.
- Promotes coordination and cooperation with community agencies and institutions that provide medical and social services to clients and collaborate with those agencies in the formation of appropriate, cost effective, quality service plans and service substitutions.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary review and assessment of cases with Care Manager prior to and after each home visit as evidenced by documented Interdisciplinary Case Conferences.
- Conducts home visits to assess clients’ functional, health and income status to determine eligibility and appropriateness for community long term care services and programs and coordinate services to clients.
- Performs MassHealth screenings to determine clinical eligibility for specific programs. Assessments are conducted on time according to EOEA Regulation.
- Provides back up coverage as needed across all teams and programs in conducting home visits and community assessments.
- Provides consultation to caregivers, providers and other community agencies.
- Assists in problem solving as it relates to care management and consumer related issues.
- Conducts and participate in agency meetings, committees’, task forces, trainings and workshops as needed.
- Maintains electronic and other records and prepares reports as required.
- Provides back up coverage as request to the CSSM/CAE RN in assisting nursing facility resident’s return to the community in the least restrictive setting in collaboration with the CSSM CM and nursing facility staff by providing support and education regarding community service options for the MassHealth member/applicant, family members and caregivers.
- Consistently shares sound judgment when making clinical decisions and appropriately notifies healthcare providers of significant changes.
- Completes CDS with 90% accuracy based on random 10% audit.
- Consistently meets budgetary requirements for ECOP and Choices.
- Updates care plan and adds them to N Drive 100% of the time.
- Provides excellent customer services as evidence by lack of complaints.
- Maintain accurate google calendars at all times.
- Adheres to all HIPAA Regulations as evidenced by no complaints or reported incidents.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience, one of which must have been in community nursing.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must be able to work effectively within a diverse team.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Possess working knowledge of community resources and reimbursement systems for health and social services.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or Associates of Science degree in Nursing and at least (1) year of clinical experience and/or nursing in a community or long-term care setting. or
- A Diploma RN and two (2) additional years of community-based nursing experience or long-term direct care service experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to lift and carry objects frequently weighing up to 10 to 15 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to travel to the community to perform visits at consumers’ home.
- Work requires regularly standing, stooping, and bending.
- Paid Vacations
- 403B Retirement plan + Match up to 7%
- Health Insurance
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Professional Development training
- Tuition Assistance