Superintendent – Construction
“Big enough to get the job done. Small enough to care.”®
D.F. Pray, Inc., a single-source contractor providing a wide range of services that include design build, preconstruction, construction management and general contracting, is looking for a Superintendent to join our team. This position requires on-site supervision and coordination of all field operations to successfully complete a project. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions on this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Follow, implement and enforce safety policies, (i.e. job safety meetings, proper use of safety equipment, compliance by subs/suppliers. etc.)
- Communicate and give clear direction and leadership to project team, including subcontractors, vendors, owners, architects, etc.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, government officials, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise on site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of project administrative staff in accounting , purchasing, etc.)
- Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc. , as required.
- Authorize and/or approve project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
- Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, OSHA, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify proper management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Complete, maintain, and submit all required reports, logs, punch lists, etc. associated with project.
- Communicates and reinforces the Company vision, mission, and values.
- Must be willing to travel if required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and 4-5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years construction management and/or craft supervision experience in similar facility construction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules, and safety required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, customer driven environment
- Must possess a Massachusetts Construction Supervisor license
- Must possess superior organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Procore Project Management software, scheduling and job costing software, and Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Auto Cad , Solid Works, Inventor, or similar an asset
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work and achieve results on time with minimal guidance or direction and be accountable/conscious of costing
- Flexible in approach and problem-solving ability; able to embrace challenges and resolve
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position
- Occasionally may work in high and/or precarious places.
- Frequently work outdoors in high and low temperatures
- Occasionally work indoors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME & A JOB LIST TO firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States and who submit all required information will be contacted for an interview. EEO. Drug Free Work Place.
About this company
Since our founding in 1959 by C.Edward Pray, D.F. Pray has been building excellence by specializing in professional, hands-on, self-performing general contracting services both regionally and nationally. Edward’s son, Scott W. Pray, continues the family tradition of building excellence started by his father.
Through 60 years of quality, D.F. Pray’s emphasis continues to be on the client and their specific needs. During the pre-construction, planning phase, and/or the construction process itself, the activities and objectives of the project team are designed to create value for the client while achieving the maximum scheduling and budgetary outcomes.
D.F. Pray recognizes that success also truly depends on human factors such as Teamwork, Communication, and Leadership. These are goals that, in the end, boil down to the interactions of people. We pride ourselves on our systems, our people, and our commitment to our clients’ success.
In addition, it is D.F. Pray’s dedication to our corporate values that runs deep. They do not begin and/or end with our clients. We take pride in the low turnover rate of employees and the family like atmosphere among our staff. Our goal is to maintain a “small” company spirit as the mainstay of our continued growth as a corporation.
As initiated by C.Edward Pray, our founding father, D.F. Pray’s motto is:
“Big enough to get the job done. Small enough to care.”®