Tufts Health Plan – Sr. Community Liaison
Committed to providing innovative, high quality care coverage regardless of age, income or life circumstances
This position is responsible for developing value-based relationships with stakeholders (community-based organizations (CBOs), Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), health care providers, and advocacy groups) in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The core functions of this position are to identify, build, and foster strategic partnerships that drive opportunities to generate membership leads/referrals; develop presentations and share product benefits and updates to priority stakeholders, members and prospective members; and assist in market and competitive analysis. The incumbent will be responsible for managing high level strategic and analytical projects involving both internal and external stakeholders.
As a representative of the Company in the face of the community and the health provider industry, this individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter and articulate member of our Community Relations team; able to identify, open and enhance referral channels through relationship building and education of key influencers on Tufts Health Public Plans (THPP) product offerings and community involvement.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES – what you will be doing (top five):
Relationship Building/Business Development
- This role is responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining high-value community partnerships. Research, gather, analyze, and present data necessary to support the evaluation of high value partnerships in the multicultural communities we serve.
- Enhance referral channels through relationship building and education of key influencers (provider groups, navigators, and other CBOs, and FBOs, especially with multicultural communities) on THPP products.
- Establish and cultivate strategic partnerships with key influencers to ultimately support membership growth efforts.
- Develop presentations and share relevant product updates to priority providers, CBOs, FBOs, advocacy groups, members and prospective members. Conduct ongoing education/training of enrollment or other office staff on the benefits of THPP programs.
- Drive proactive engagement at the medical group and practice level within targeted segments by promoting the full portfolio of offerings and institutionalizing their use. This will be accomplished through regular contact with and visits to provider and group sites.
- This role works closely with internal and external business partners to translate business development concepts into initiatives, including but not limited to Public Plans Marketing, Community Relations, Diversity, Analytics, Foundation, Corporate Marketing, Clinical, and Public Relations.
- Align strategic projects with business objectives and community needs by collaborating with product leaders and internal & external stakeholders.
- Participate in selected committees and cross-functional project teams. Assist in developing and implementing new and existing programs to improve awareness, member growth, retention, and satisfaction.
- Gather and analyze member data (claims, REL/demographics) to identify opportunities for specific community initiatives or programs.
- Assist in market strategy and planning. Identify priority target markets through which to reach members using census data, membership demographics, and outreach activity reports.
- Assist with market and competitive analysis; share competitive and community intelligence with CR team and key stakeholders.
- Develop work plans, produce status reports, and coordinate meetings with internal/external stakeholders as needed to advance projects/initiatives.
- Identify and implement innovative approaches to infiltrate the Medicaid, QHP (Health Connector), and One Care markets.
- Review partnership/sponsorship proposals to ensure alignment with budget and division and team goals.
- Provide support with onboarding new priority providers and connecting to internal stakeholders.
- As needed, manage agency & consultant relationships.
- Proactively identify conflicts and barriers to success. Responsible for escalating project issues and identifying solutions.
- Conduct provider presentations, community activities and other informational events in accordance with current approved communication and marketing programs and State regulations
- Ongoing training and self-study to maintain expertise related to Tufts Health Plan public plans products portfolio
- The incumbent will be asked to attend high-profile community and networking events as needed, which may fall on a weekend, early morning, or after business hours.
- Build and maintain expertise in company products and programs.
- Responsible for keeping up with all administrative requirements including a territory business plan, data entry, weekly activity plans and reports, expense reports, attending team and other department meetings.
- Partner with the Marketing/Communications team to synthesize feedback from all community relations team members regarding marketing collateral and other marketing activities to support the development of new materials.
- Manage all activities and events within budget.
- Represent the Company in a manner consistent with stated company values.
- Strictly adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Minimum High School Degree (or G.E.D.) required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE (minimum years required):
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in relationship building with government agencies, community-based organizations, Navigators, providers, faith-based institutions, etc. required.
- Experience within a managed care environment preferred.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience working for health insurance payer or comparable institution preferred, but not required.
- Prior community outreach experience is ideal.
- Experience working with multicultural organizations.
- Deep understanding of health equity/racial equity issues, and experience working within low-income, culturally diverse communities/populations is required.
- Experience developing market strategies, presenting and selling through stakeholder groups.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization with a proven record of establishing strong partnerships both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with data analytics required, including knowledge of SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats), gap and competitive analysis.
- Experience with government programs (Medicare and Medicaid) preferred.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations required
- Strong project management skills; experience managing medium to large scale projects or events preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Exceptional time management skills, strong attention to detail required.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak to groups of all sizes
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member. Requires ability to interact professionally and effectively with management, internal staff and external customers.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must be able to travel within MA and RI.
- High degree of planning and problem solving required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, leading and developing a growing team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound judgment required to successfully fulfill all job functions of this multi-faceted position.
- Bilingual or multilingual required: Spanish, Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with Tableau a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
- Demands high energy and patience level. Must be able to carry heavy materials. Must be able to stand for up to 4-6 hours at events. Works 75% of the time on the road, 25% of the time in the office with a minimum combined 40-hour work week. Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. Intra-state travel is required. The job may require early morning, evening or weekend hours.
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.