Wait List Manager/Housing Specialist
This is a highly responsible administrative position in which the incumbent assists the Executive Director and/or the Assistant Executive Director and attends to clerical needs. As the Wait List Manager/Housing Specialist, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with applications, the waiting list, processing top of the waiting list applications and annual determination packets. The position also responds to constituent office visits, phone calls, and requests from residents and voucher holders.
This position requires public contact and handling of confidential information.
Type of Position/Hours Worked
This is a full-time, 37.5 hour/week position. Office hours are between 7:00am-5:00pm
This position is shared by the Acton (AHA) and Sudbury Housing Authorities (SHA). The person hired will work at the AHA offices approximately 3 days/week and the SHA offices approximately 2 days/week. The offices are approximately 8 miles apart.
Duties include routine functions related to tenant selection and recertification for continued occupancy within the framework of State and Federal affordable housing regulations. Process and review housing applications, maintain waiting list. Assist applicants, perform tenant selection and check eligibility and qualifications. Participate in all waiting list trainings. Other duties as needed. For full job description send request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge of State Centralized Waiting List (CHAMP) and public housing regulations and Section 8 Centralized Waiting List and Code of Federal Regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to plan, organize and priorities multiple projects as needed.
- Bilingual candidates, particularly Chinese or Spanish speaking, preferred.
- First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by May 10, 2021.
1. Good verbal and written skills.
2. Interpersonal and customer service skills.
3. High School degree or equivalency diploma.
4. Intermediate proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
5. Possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
This agency is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
|How to Apply / Contact
Kelley Cronin, Executive Director, Acton Housing Authority email@example.com